Thursday 23 April 2015

Zoeva Makeup and Brush Haul with swatches

Zoeva Makeup Haul 1

Zoeva Makeup Haul 2

Much like my post the other day (here) this is another BeautyBay haul, but this is purely dedicated to Zoeva cosmetics. Zoeva are a German cosmetics brand who started from a range of 10 brushes, to an entire arsenal which MUA and bloggers alike, cannot be without. I had heard wonderful things about their brushes, but their makeup was something of a mystery to me, so I thought I'd order a lovely few things, just to get a feel of the formulas and colours. Wow is pretty much all I can say. Gorgeous colours, textures, packaging and formulas which leads to me wait with great anticipation for payday, because you can bet that I'm going to be snooping around for more cosmetic and brush purchases from them. But first a little bit more about the brand before I jump into talking about the products. Zoeva not only love makeup and empowering women with the products, but they also love taking care of women, which is where their workshops come in. I think they're only available in Germany, but they work with women who are Cancer patients in order to give them a fun experience that takes their minds off of the dreaded 'C' word. I love the idea that by giving women the ability to play around with their makeup, and design their own looks, they're building up their confidence and in essence, giving them some more happiness in their lives. 

I am all for women, and not only women using makeup to build up their confidence, as I don't think I was confident in myself until my late teens and yes, makeup did play a part in that. To this day, makeup helps me to have that extra spring in my step although I can happily step out without makeup and meet people, without a care in the world. 

But now, let's move onto the good bit; the makeup. Starting with my colour choices and the gorgeous Luxe Colour Blush in Last Love (£6.95, here) which is a gorgeous peach coral shade, and the colour that inspired all my other coral esc purchases from Zoeva.  It's buttery soft and blends like a dream, the perfect powder blush for Summertime when pink just isn't what you want. I love the staying power of powder blushes, especially in warm weather so you can bet this is going to be a good friend to you when the weather heats up once again. The pan is a little bit paler in real life, but the coral is still as gorgeous. Next up is the Luxe Cream Lipstick in Venus Phase (£7.95, here) which is a fabulous  pale pink/peachy colour that photographs like a bright coral/red but it's really not. Nonetheless, the colour and texture are so bang on. Soft, silky and doesn't drag on the lips. My lips are dry and peeling right now, but the lipstick still glides over them and provides that pop of colour that I love. I'm more one for darker colours on the lips, or a bright red, but this pink/coral/peach really is right up my street. 

Zoeva Makeup Haul 3

Zoeva Makeup Haul 4

Lastly for the lips, we have their Lip Crayon in Sweet Heat (£5.95, here) which is sheer coral goodness when first applied, but it can be built up to give such a gorgeous hit of colour that once again, is a tad lighter than the swatch (I tell you, that was a bright day but it messed up the colours). I love the packaging of the crayon, as it's so simple and actually reminds me of something similar to Nars and their lip crayons. I've yet to see if there are any dupes out there, but I will let you know. Then for the eyes we have perhaps one of my favourite products of the month, and it's the Graphic Eyes pencil in Nude Reflection (£5.50, here) and I love it so much. Whether smudged on the lash line, or blended out all over the lid this colour is actually true to the swatch and gives a gorgeous metallic taupe colour that is so incredibly soft and blend able, it just makes me want the entire range. Seriously, I want them all. The formula and staying power is insanely gorgeous. 

My first brush from Zoeva is their 227v Vegan Soft Definer Brush (£6.95, here) and it's so good. It didn't actually occur to me at the time that it was vegan, but I do feel rather pleased that it is. It's soft, fluffy and blends shadows like a dream. Combined with my Graphic Eyes pencil the two of these make such a subtle but gorgeous smoky eye, and for the price, I cannot recommend them enough! I cannot get enough of the brush, and used it as soon as it arrived (sorry, no pristine picture of a brush here) as it really is wonderful at blending and defining the eyes.

I simply cannot get enough of Zoeva at the moment, so much so, I ordered another brush (the 103 defined buffer) and cannot put that down either. There are just something so seamless about the brushes and I for one cannot wait to own entire collections of them. Another few items that I have my eye on are the Naturally Yours Palette (hello perfect nude palette), the entire Graphic Eyes pencil collection, the Rose Golden Palette (which is deep and jewel like) and basically all of the brushes. Literally all of them. All the Zoeva brushes... and cosmetics actually. I'll just take one of everything. Actually maybe even two of the brushes...

Zoeva Makeup Haul 5

Zoeva Makeup Haul 6

Zoeva Makeup Haul Swatches
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Zoeva's makeup products all look so lovely! I really love the look of their eyeshadow palettes, too. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wholesale cosmetics Many thanks regarding offering pleasurable info. i'm keen on your own submit in addition to what you may inform us is in fact up-to-date in addition to alternatively educative, i would love that can help book mark the site therefore i will come below again to read everyone, because you did a very good activity.

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig