Thursday 9 April 2015

Benefit Skincare; It's Potent Eye Cream and Triple Performance Facial Emulsion First Impressions

Benefit Skincare 1

I always think skincare is an exciting thing to experiment with, especially when you hear good things from bloggers who have similar skin to you as even though their skin may not be flawless (whose is?) they're constantly trying their best to make it as good as possible, and so am I. So when I got to try these little beauties from a competition I'd won from Hayley over on the amazing blog London Beauty Queen, I was pretty chuffed as I'd always loved the retro look of Benefit's skincare packaging, but had always seemed to pass over it in favour of something else. Boy, am I glad these came into my life, as I would have missed out on how wonderful they are! This eye cream, combined with my one from Origins (here) keep me looking less like the undead, and more like 'hey, this girl looks mildly awake for 7am, yay for her' which I love, for as well as puffiness in the morning, I get some serious dark circles (damn you hereditary genes). 

It's Potent Eye Cream * (£25.50, here) is a wonderful thick, luxurious eye cream that sinks into the skin so well, and provides that lovely pampered feeling to the skin when applied at night (as I think it's a bit too heavy for the day personally, but dabbed on very lightly, I think it works) when combined with all the other lovely things I use on my face during the evening. It comes in such a wonderful little pot, that feels so expensive and sits very nicely on my bedside table, giving off a sweet vintage feel - dressing up my bedside table, one fancy product at a time. Now, I wouldn't say that it's improved my dark circles, but it definitely makes things look more hydrated and healthy, which is pretty much all I could ask for, as I don't expect any miracles from skincare. I always think good skincare is a marathon, not a race, so treating my skin well now, will give me lovely skin as I age - so keeping things as they are now; glowy and plump, is key. I dap this on, and tap it lightly into the skin, above and below my eye just so all of me gets moisturised, because with dry skin around my eyes, I think I need all the help I can get. 

Triple Performance Facial Emulsion * (£22.50, here) with a cheeky little SPF 15 in it (although I would still use a SPF of at least 30+ on top of it, is a wonderfully silky moisturiser that sinks into the skin so fast - I think my face loves it because it drinks it up and leaves it feeling plump and ready for makeup/the day ahead. It's super light, and allows makeup to glide on top of it. Especially when teamed with a primer, which allows me skin to not only feel smooth and soft, but it has my makeup lasting for most of the day, aside from the touchups around my t-zone (damn you oily skin). It works well on my oily/combination skin as it sinks in, and doesn't weigh the skin down, but perhaps those who want something a bit more moisturising i.e. those with dry/super dry skin might want to look somewhere else, as well as those who like unscented moisturisers (i.e. sensitive skin) although mine is sensitive, and it wasn't affected at all by the smell. I personally don't think it's that noticeable, and the same applies to my mother, whose skin is so sensitive, her eyes water whenever she uses a slightly scented product on her face. So, it's a thumbs up from the both of us for Benefit's It's Potent and Triple Performance Facial Emulsion. Have you tried either of these skincare products? What are your go-to eye creams right now? 


* items were won from a blog giveaway, and does not affect my opinion at all. 

Benefit Skincare 3

Benefit Skincare 2
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. It's Potent eye cream is something I have wanted to try for such a long time! It sounds incredible. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try that eye cream when the one I'm currently using runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many good things about these products!! The eye cream is definitely on my shopping list:)x
    AllysDays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig