Tuesday 21 April 2015

Beauty Bay Skincare, Bodycare, Accessories and Makeup Haul

Beauty Bay Haul 1

Beauty Bay Haul 2

Beauty Bay Haul3


When I saw that Beauty Bay was offering 20% off on their website if you spend over £50/60 ...I can't quite remember the actual price, I moseyed on over just to see if there was anything I fancied. But then I remembered, this was a place of lust for me. From Anastasia Beverly Hills to Zoeva to Antipodes, this was not a good place to go if you have no money.. or even if you have money, you'll just want to buy everything. So um, yeah, I kinda bought everything. I popped everything I fancied into my basket, in the thought of culling what I didn't need at the end... instead, I simply bought everything. I don't think I've spent that much in one transaction before on a site that wasn't Boots or clothing related, but they were products that I had really, really wanted but never had the guts to actually order. But now I have them. And at 20% off too, I feel pretty good about myself. 

In need of new skincare and makeup (said all beauty bloggers/beauty lovers) I found myself drawn to the Urban Decay Naked Foundation (£27, here) because of its lightweight but flawless claims, as I like weightless formulas when the weather gets warmer. I chose the lightest colour after searching some swatches online and by damn, it's a brilliant colour match. Watch out for this upcoming review. Continuing on down the makeup road, is a cult product that I've seen numerous bloggers rave about, and to be honest, I'm not 100% sold on it yet but I'm still trialling it, and it's Anastasia Beverly Hills' Dipbrow pomade (£15, here). It's a lovely formula, but as one who is used to using a pencil, this is gonna take some getting used to. Next up, and the last for the makeup is Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Hollow (£17.50, here) which is a contour product I have read a lot about, as it's meant to be perfect for contouring for those of us with pale skin, or who prefer to use creams as opposed to powders. It's silky smooth and really wonderful. All of these will be getting their own reviews, so watch this space.

Next up, it's the skincare and by damn, this is exciting. Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre (Currently on offer for £11 for 30ml, here) is a go-to moisturiser for me, and a definite one to throw in my handbag, just incase I need some throughout the day. I use it on my face, elbows, dry patches on my collarbone/neck (eczema) or anything like that. It's a lifesaver, and it's going in my holiday suitcase. Then we have what I like to think of as another cult offering, and it's Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey  Treatment Mask (Currently £17.78, here) which I haven't gotten around to using yet but believe me, I am excited as it's been raved about by so many people whose opinions I trust a great deal. Lastly for the facial skincare, we have the bright orange offering from Pai and it's their best selling Rosehip BioRegeneraate Fruit & Seed Oil Blend (£22, here) - and yes, it's actually that orange in real life. I had a rose hip oils from Trilogy, which I loved to pieces, but this now is a targeted oil for boosting the healing process in skin, so ideal for blemishes, scars, fine lines and reducing UVA damage. It's an do-it-all kinda product, so keep your eyes on here to see what I think of it.

The last two products are ones that don't apply to facial skincare or makeup, but are nonetheless very exciting. Zoeva's 103 Defined Buffer Brush (£11.50, here) has been rocking my world ever since it arrived, and has replaced my Real Techniques Buffing Brush as my go to for foundation, as it applies to well, blending seamlessly. Good stuff. For body care, we've got some little bottles of goodness, and now if you know me, you should know I love a good bath/shower oil so this Bath & Shower Oil Collection from Aromatherapy Associates (Currently £26.40, here) was right up my street. It has different oils based on different needs, such as Relax, Revive, De-stress and Support. You can bet these are all going to have an outing, so it'll be a week of solid bath time - forging the shower just to soak up the oily goodness that are in these little bottles.

Are there any products that you fancy from my haul? Which reviews would you like to see first?

Beauty Bay Haul 4

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great haul! I am really tempted to try the Manuka Honey Mask as well, let me know how you like it!

    Dina│Cardiff Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Zoeva brush sounds awesome, I've been trying to decide which one to get forever. Would love to see your full thoughts on Hollow, I've been lusting after it for ages x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig