Tuesday 28 April 2015

£10 and Under: Makeup Revolution Radiance Highlighter Palette review, with swatches.

MUR Radiance Palette 2

I remember the day this palette came out, and the stars in my eyes as soon as I saw it. Or maybe they were hearts in my eyes...I'm not entirely sure. All I knew was that I wanted it, in all its glimmering radiant loveliness. At the bargain price of £8, this palette from Makeup Revolution is everything I never knew I needed in terms of getting a wonderful 'glowing from within' look. Now, if you know me and read my blog, I want to get that lovely healthy look with and without makeup; since I'm still working on the skincare front, I want to be able to get that look with makeup and these three highlighters are amazing for that. They're glorious for a healthy, glowy shimmer and with three shades to choose from, you can choose one based on the look you want, as well as whether your skin has tanned from the sun (although, safe tanning is always what I recommend with a good SPF for face and body, at least 30+).

Makeup Revolution's Radiance Highlighter Palette (£8, here) is an amazing trio of soft, buttery highlighters all encased in a simple black palette, perfect for not only giving you a glowy highlight, but also for a fabulous shimmery eyeshadow should you want to double up on use, and don't have the room for multiple products. They're said to be dupes for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette which is about five times more expensive than this, and all I can say, is that this palette is perfect for using on the tops of my cheekbones, my cupids bow and ever so lightly dusting over the skin as a finishing powder. It's very finely milled, so sits very well on the skin without being too cakey or overwhelming. It's something that I cannot believe is only £8, let alone from Makeup Revolution as for me, they keep going from strength to strength and, within the year or so that they have been active, they've basically redefined the budget brand as they've produced countless dupes for much more expensive brands. This is definitely one of my favourite dupes of theirs, aside from their gorgeous eyeshadow palettes which are complete dupes for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes for a fraction of the price (£4, here, here, here). For £4, they are absolute steals as so many looks can be produced from one palette - a total holiday favourite as you can pack one or two, and have all of your looks sorted for however long you're going for. 

MUR Radiance Palette 3

MUR Radiance Palette r

MUR Radiance Palette 5

There are three gorgeous shades, Exhale (£5, here for an individual mirrored compact), Breathe (£5, here) and Glow (£5, here) and while they can all be used as a highlighter, I think it does depend on skin tone. Exhale and Breathe, for me, are wonderful highlighters whilst Glow is more of a bronzer, as well as a gorgeous bronze esc eyeshadow. They are so gorgeous without the slightest hint of glitter, which make them increasingly more wearable all year round, and not only for a night out. Exhale is a shade that currently suits my complexion (pale, pale, pale) whilst Breathe is more suited to pale skin as it gradually tans, and then Glow is basically everything you need whilst your skin has that lovely tanned look. I am so incredibly impressed by this palette, as it is going to be a holiday essential for me - with a Real Techniques Powder Brush as you can bet, I'll be getting my tan on. This smudged over the lids or dusted over the skin, is going to be a go-to look for me. My plan, is to keep my holiday makeup natural but chic; so glowing skin and a bright lipstick, nothing too much but still classic enough to look good despite the hot weather. I'll update you all on how the powders fare in the heat, as they tend to do so well in the current weather we're having. Are you planning your holiday makeup already? I certainly am. 

Below from left: Glow, Breathe and Exhale.
MUR Radiance Palette 6
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I always like to see swatches :) This palette is a bargain at £8 and looks much more expensive! Perfect for taking on holiday!

    Emma xx

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a gorgeous highlighter palette - I love makeup revolution x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this is gorgeous, will definitely have to try it out :)!x

    orlaghmarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab palette & such a bargain too. I love wearing a highlighter and all three colours look gorgeous
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig