Sunday 1 September 2013

August Favourites 2013


It's that wonderful time of the month again, and here are the products that have been floating my boat for the past thirty days or so. 

Skincare first, and i'm all about moisture these days! The Aloe Vera Gel is a purchase from Holland and Barrett (can you make out the penny sale sticker?) and is a wonderful little moisturiser to use if you're in a hurry, which I sometimes find myself to be in. It sinks in very, very quickly, and I find that I can be out the door a great deal quicker than if i used another moisturiser, such as The Body Shop's Body Butter in Raspberry, but I do find, that when I have more time, this Body Butter is amazing. It smells divine, it has a thick texture that leaves the skin feeling plump and soft, and smelling of raspberry for the rest of the day is a lovely thing. Moving onto facial skincare, we have the Garnier Moisture Match for combination to oily skin, and I don't know what it is, but my skin is so much less shiny that before, which is brilliant, as the shine on my nose is often compared to a homing beacon. Seriously. It has a thick texture, and feels almost like a primer going on my skin; it smells fresh, makes my skin feel soft and holds my make up in place all day, so it's definitely a winner. Another two skincare additions are  the Sanctuary Spa Ultimate Facial Cleansing Oil and Boots' own Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Night Treatment Gel, both of which are skin saviours of mine most recently. I was skeptical of using an oil to cleanse, when I have oily skin, but I find that it hydrates, as well as removes make up and dirt from the day. It leaves my skin soft and fresh when removed, and when followed with the rest of my skincare routine, it has become a new holy grail product. Very impressed. Last but not least, is the night treatment gel, which not only smells good for you, I find that it helps to calm my skin, and reduce blemishes with all of its natural goodness. 

Perfume is something I do get quite excited about, but I never really think to include any in my Monthly Favourites, but these two Body Shop purchases were the first to go into my 'I love you' monthly favourites box (Yes, I have a box). The eau de toilettes in Coconut and Brazil Nut are gorgeous. So gorgeous. The coconut reminds me of Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder, and the Brazil Nut is just nutty, chocolately goodness, and I can't stop spraying myself with either one of them. Definite repurchase. The third, is a little rollerball fragrance from L'Occitane in Verbena, which I don't think they have online anymore, so maybe just in store? It's fresh, full of citrus and makes me feel awake, and clean, and so so fresh, like you're in a lemon grove or something, you just feel clean, and it's marvellous. 

For make up, I have been LOVE LOVE LOVING, the following. Let's start with Soap and Glory's 'One Heck of a Blot' mattifying powder. Oh my god. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Seriously. This is so good, I actually question what my life was like before it. I apply it with a Real Techniques Powder brush, which makes quite a difference I find, and I push it onto the skin, with the brush instead of dusting, as I find with oily/combination skin, doing this helps the make up to set, and last longer. LOVE IT! The Bourjois Cream Blush in 04 Sweet Cherry is ugh, gorgeous. It's a dark, rosey, dusky, cherry pink, and I can see it being such a go to going into a/w, especially teamed with nude eyes and a dark lip. The texture is gorgeous, soft and very buildable, good pigmentation, and the colour is divine. My only eye product, is the 17 Wild Metallics Eyes cream eyeshadow in Wild Nude, the colour is a soft, rose gold which is sooo soft, and super blendable, and is my go to for a bit of colour on the eyelid in a hurry. I think it adds wonderful definition to the eyes, as it's a metallic nude, and is a must in every make up bag, for me. Gorgeous. Finally, we have two No7 lip products. Sheer Temptation in Bewitched is moisturising, buildable, pink rose with a very subtle shot of shimmer running through it; for me, it's my lip colour, but with a bit more POW! and shine, so, it's easy to apply, easy to wear, and in a gorgeous shade. Stay Perfect lipstick in Sultry is wow. Sultry is definitely the name for it, it's a dark, almost bloody raspberry (I actually got a raspberry out of the fridge to compare the colour) that just makes me feel amazing when I wear it. It's so easy to apply, as it glides on wonderfully well. The packaging is wonderful, an almost gunmetal grey, and within it, has to be one of my favourite lipsticks ever. EVER. Well done No7, you are the cat's pyjamas.

What are your monthly favourites? Anything you can't seem to do without?

xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the Aloe Vera Gel. I'll have to give it a try!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award so check out http://awkawardcheesecake.blogspot.jp/2013/09/i-got-nominated-for-liebster-award.html for the rules:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that green Moisture Match, the scent and texture are amazing :)
    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig