Tuesday 17 September 2013

Physicians Formula Make-up Review



Hey there my lovelies! Let's talk about Physicians Formula. Don't know who they are? Don't worry, you soon will! They are tailored to those with very sensitive skin, with mostly all of their makeup being hypoallergenic and dermatologist approved, which I think is brilliant for those who may get reactions from makeup, even makeup they've used for quite a long time. Physicians Formula are held are experts in Colour Correction, bringing high end products, at drug store prices, which to be honest, is wonderful, as who doesn't like a well priced product that delivers above and beyond? Don't let the claims of being recommended by allergists throw you, their products are fun and glamorous, so you needn't worry about your face looking dull, or unexciting compared to those who are wearing different makeup brands. Physicians Formula can hold their own. I introduced the following products in a post last month, and i've been testing these for a few weeks, to which I finally feel like I can present a well rounded review of these products.


Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Airbrushing Bronzing Veil Deluxe Edition* 

Now, i'm not one for bronzers. At all. Having a glowing bronze look just isn't my thing. I much prefer a porcelain, english rose kind of look, as I like to think that it works quite well for me. However, I've been putting this fabulous product through its paces the past few weeks, and can I just say, look at it! How gorgeous is that product? The sun is gloriously pressed, and although it may look quite shiny, it is not at all like that on the face.  I've been using it as a contour, as, a bronzed face just looked odd on me (each to their own, I suppose) and as a contour, it is so good. If you've got pal skin, and find most contours too dark for you, such as the Sleek one, this is the one for you. It creates a wonderful shadow, and for me, makes my cheekbones look so good! Also, for you little bronzed lovelies out there, it claims to extend the life of your tan with its 'Triple-Action Bronze Boosting', which, although I don't tan, sounds pretty darn wonderful. And a little additional note for the bronzer, and the pressed powder below, if you lift up the product pan to get to the brush, there's a very handy mirror for applications on the go. Love it? Oh yes. 


Mineral Wear Airbrushed pressed powder*

Now this product, I think, is my favourite. I apply it with either the brush provided (isn't it glorious? it looks like a fan!... anyway) or with a powder brush, such as the one by Real Techniques, and it makes my skin glow. I think it's the Mineral Powder that gives such an amazing, almost flawless finish, it seriously makes my skin look so airbrushed, and you want to know something else that's good about this product? It's got an SPF of 30. How crazy is that?! It actually helps to prevent sunburn! It's been weeks, but that fact still blows my mind. You can imagine that my skin in the summer was still as pale as ever, and stayed that way due to this little beauty. I know it may look a bit dark in the pan, but when applied, it illuminates and conceals like a dream. This is a new love for me. The packaging is a lovely metallic blue, with a way of opening that took me about five minutes to figure out (I know. I am ashamed) with a space below the pan of powder for the brush, which is a very high quality, just as with the rest of the packaging. 


Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara*

I was very excited about this. It's organic, so it's 100% natural with no irritation to be found, and when I wear it, it feels very light on the lashes, and the colour, it's very black, which is always a plus for me. The wand, is huuuuge. So huge, the first time I used it, I got it on my eyelid quite a lot, but with more practice, I got better at wielding such a large wand. I've found that it doesn't smudge, or clump, and even for the most sensitive of eyes, I think this would be very suitable. The packaging, like the other products, is metallic, and it's pink! And it just fits well in my hand, which is another plus from me. The only thing, and it's totally to do with my eyelashes and not this product, is the fact that my lashes only hold curl with a waterproof mascara, so, regretfully, my eyelashes fell almost immediately, but they were long and lovely. You can't win them all I suppose, but on someone with normal lashes, this would be really, really good. 


Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing eyeliner trio Nude Collection, in colours from l-r: Pewter, Black and Champagne*

Now these are so exciting. Creamy, blendable, pigmented goodness that has a sharpener on the bottom of each one. A sharpener. Oh yes. And they twist, in order to reveal more product, but the sharpener is very useful in order to reveal a sharper line, as I find they do blunt quite easily due to their soft creaminess (which is by no means a bad thing). The packaging is glorious, and it feels expensive. It's heavy and metallic, and quite minimalist in design, so all pluses from me so far! There's a swatch in the picture below (the colours are, from top to bottom, Pewter, Champagne and Black) and I find that they last very well throughout the day, even on my oily eyelids. They claim to be smudge proof, which I agree with, unless you viciously rub your eyes, as I think there would be some movement, but not too much to cause an eye-makeup disaster. The lightest colour, is a wonderful bronzey taupe, which shimmers with a soft shot of glitter through it, that is quite subtle and really wonderful as a base, or eyeliner. Pewter and Black, are quite similar in colours , with the black being obviously darker, it has a shot of gold glitter to it and something quite goldy black about the colour too, there's just something about it that looks good. With Pewter, it's more of a brown black, with a mixture of bronze and gold shimmer running through it, which I really like. These eyeliners claim to create a warm nude eye for any eye colour, and I can totally see that, with these colours. They work well on my blue/grey/green eyes, so I can imagine that they'd do well on others too.

 

Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner*

Finally, we have an eyeshadow palette, which also claims to be a 'Nude look for any eye colour', which I think is brilliant, as it's so versatile as well. The shadows are grouped in threes, with two larger shadows next to a thinner one; the thinner one can be used as a liner for that particular look, and can be used dry, for a soft look, or wet, for an intense, dramatic look. The colours are shimmery and subtle, but can be built up for a more pigmented look. If you're not a fan of shimmer eyeshadows, then this is not the palette for you, but for those of you who like a bit of glimmer, keep on reading (; This is an eyeshadow collection that can take you from day to night very easily, as you just move along the palette, from light to dark. There are some real gems in this collection, and I find that i've been going to this palette almost every day, as who doesn't like a bit of shimmer? I certainly do. The packaging is lovely with black lace over a pinky base, with a fold over lid, which is very good to quickly get to your products, although, it does not feature a mirror, which may foil your plans unless you carry one around with you.

So, this is my Physicians Formula makeup review, I hope you enjoyed it, and I cannot wait for them to come to the UK, as these products were all $15 ish or less, and that equates to just under £10, which is a very good price for such wonderful products. I'm not sure when they are announcing themselves over in the UK, but I am very excited.

Which of the above products do you think you'll be trying? Any that catch you eye?

xx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the look of the bronzer, and it does look super pretty with the sun on it. I'm a pale girl too so I'm really glad you say it's good for pale girls. I find the Sleek one a bit too dark so will defo pick this up when they launch in the UK.

    - Rhi | Beauty Bucket List

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want it all! The packaging is cute and the shades look amazing! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig