Friday 6 September 2013

Beauty Store Cupboard Essentials - Hand Cream


Remember those cookery books that would tell you about your store cupboard essentials, such as salt, pepper etc? Well, I wanted to do some Beauty store cupboard essentials, like those products that you cannot do without, and I've decided that it's going to be a weekly series of posts, just chatting about what I think are essential things to make up your store cupboard or stash, as some like to call it. 

Hand cream, I think, is a true essential, as not only does it keep your hands moisturised, it conditions the nails and if you have dry skin on your hands, like I do, then it alleviates the condition, as dry skin is not only flakey but can be quite itchy. Scratching it only brings more flakiness to the surface, so yes, keeping everything moisturised is the way to go. My two favourite products to avoid such horrible scaliness, is 'Hand Food' by Soap & Glory, and the 'Hemp Hand Protector' by The Body Shop. I swear, these are the only two things that work on my hands in the dead of winter, when my skin is so incredibly dry, that my hands actually hurt (yes, that has actually happened once or twice). They are slathered on during Autumn/Winter, and are thrown into any and every bag that I use at the time, as I just can't do without them. 

Hand Food is a bit fruitier, whereas the Hemp Hand protector is more of an acquired taste or smell, and is really not for everyone, as I know people who cannot stand the smell. The packaging is very different, one bright, pink and plastic, the other green, metal and quite plain, almost utilitarian in its design, which is why I love it. They can both take a battering in my bag, and still come out quite well, as after all, with these products, it's what's inside that counts. 

What would you class as one of your 'store cupboard essentials'? What hand creams are you loving for the upcoming a/w season? 

xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig