Tuesday 10 September 2013

The SO Project - Foundation


Get your war paint on girlies! (My dad calls it that, no idea why, haha) It's time to get your foundation sorted, and for me, my essentials are pale and long lasting. I'm not generally too fussed over coverage, as I know that I need my medium to full, and my light to mediums, depending on what look and I want, and what kind of day is ahead of me. For a long day, I go for a fuller coverage, like Facefinity All Day Flawless  by Maxfactor, and then set that with Soap & Glory's mattifying translucent powder. Whereas for a light to medium coverage day, I still set it with my mattifying powder, because oily/combination skin like mine tends to shine a lot, but i do it quite lightly, so my skin still shows through, if you know what I mean. 

These three foundations, by Maxfactor and Soap & Glory, are my essentials. They're drugstore, and I love them. Perhaps because i've never had a high end foundation? But, regardless, I adore them, and they suit me very well. The shades are the palest of them all (the S&G shade is called 'fairest of them all' so I feel all Snow White when I wear it. It's a good moment for me, haha) and to be honest, i'm pretty ghostly, but I still have a few patches of redness on my cheeks, so when I apply my foundation (with the brushes below) it's a bit like that moment in Memoirs of Geisha where she's painting her face (i'm seriously that pale and I love that moment). Although, we have much better foundations nowadays. 


Now these bad boys are my foundation brushes. Oh yes, I have two expert face brushes, it's because ohmygod I cannot do without them. They are my go to, everyday, for a flawless base. When I first purchased the Core Collection by Real Techniques, it was all about the Buffing brush, and wow, is it good! But, I bought the Expert Face brush and I haven't looked back since (except when my expert face brushes need cleaning). I do go back to the Buffing Brush on occasion though, as it's a lovely change of pace. 

To apply my foundation, I make sure that my skin is prepped ready for it. So cleansed, toned and moisturised. After that, it's all about the flawless base, and with one of the below brushes, it's super easy to achieve. I put one pump (or a soft squeeze, if the bottle doesn't have a pump) onto the back of my hand, then I dab the brush onto half of the makeup before applying it in circular strokes on my face. I do this everyday, so it only takes me a minute or two, but you want to make sure that all of your face is covered, and that you've blended it well. We don't want any lines, or buildup of makeup. We want a flawless look, and well blended makeup is the way to do it. I would then follow this routine with application of concealer, and to complete the base, I would then set it with a mattifying translucent powder. 

Drugstore foundations that I like, well, the above three. They're my go to's, and I love them. High End foundations that I want to try; Mac Face & Body, Illamasqua Skinbase and Chanel Perfection Lumiere.


What foundations are you using? Any one's that have caught your eye?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I wanted to try some soap and glory foundation earlier, but I couldn't find any in boots. Does it smell lovely?

    Liz xx

    www.theotherdress.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soap&Glory 2in1, its my every day one.x

    http://thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I use avon bb cream in Ivory as foundation (it is the same as Armani Silk foundation-I have that one as well). I bought Illamsqua skin base last month when they had sale in their shop :) and it is really a great foundation but I would not recommend using it without their brush (because it does not look so good)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get the RT Expert Face Brush as I heard and trust it works wonders applying liquid foundation!

    Mintyessence

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig