Sunday 8 September 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner pens



I used to be quite a fan of eyeliner, but then gel took over and I never looked back, that was, until I thought 'Why not buy an eyeliner pen, that sounds so easy' and it was, as the above eyeliners were not the first ones that I bought. I originally purchased one from Bourjois, and I do regret it. It was watery and it just didn't stay on my eyelids for as long as I wanted it to. Not impressed. So, these were my second effort, and I'm really glad that I bought them, as not only is one really thin, but the other is quite blocky and wonderful for a thick cat eye flick.

The colour is very black, and the first one, with the thinner nib, is perfect for getting in the inner eye, for a really defined look, but can also be made thicker quite easily. The pen makes it so easy to handle and manoeuvre, which I think is essential for a good flick and definition when doing eyeliner. The same can be said of the second one, which although had a thicker, blockier nib, is equally as black and easy to use. 

I bought them when they first came out, and they've quickly become my go to for black eyeliner, and I do find that they last for a long time, although they do transfer to the skin above the crease of my eye, I don't know if that's mainly due to my oily eyelids? Or is this something that happens with you too? Let me know. They're both £5.49 in Boots, and are part of the retro look that Rimmel are focusing on this season, and I do love a good retro look. These two products, I think, would be essentials for creating a retro Twiggy-esc retro look (remember those amazing lines!) as a precision pen and a thick & thin pen when used together are really, really good. 

What do you think of these bad boys? Are you an eyeliner pen fan?

xx


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have the thicker one as I'm really not getting on with it. It transfers to my eyelid, like you mentioned. But it's also really scratchy and doesn't give a smooth line... maybe I need more practice!

    Lex Talonted Lex

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig