Tuesday 3 September 2013

The SO project - Concealer


I don't think I can go without concealer, if I had to give up make up. Foundation yes, mascara yes, but concealer, goodness no. There are days when I only wear concealer, I like to call those very, very good skin days, but otherwise, my concealer is applied on top of my foundation, and you have to know, that different concealers are meant for different things, which is why I use two, almost every day. Concealer is generally used to cover those little blemishes that foundation cannot conceal, and when applied correctly, with a lightness of hand, (or concealer brush, or ring finger) it can look flawless.

The above, from left to right, is Barbara Daly (from Tesco) and it is amazing. It is what I like to call, and industrial strength concealer, and reminds me of Boi-ing from Benefit, but considerably less money. I have the colour 'fair', and it comes in four colours, it's creamy and conceals almost everything, which is why this is my go to for almost every form of blemish, but i don't use it under my eyes, as because it's thicker, it does crease and can look quite heavy.

The Maybelline Eraser Eye is my go to for illuminating and concealing my under eye bags, and is very very reminiscent of YSL's Touche Eclat. I get very bad dark circles under my eyes (damn you, hereditary genes) and this concealer, combined with foundation, sets me up nicely for the rest of the day, and I find, it makes my eyes look brighter, and my general features more awake. I apply it with the little sponge at the top, and then a gentle smoothing pat down, and then set it with mattifying powder, in order for it not to move, or crease. And I find that it doesn't crease at all, which is a very good selling point for me, it can also be used to illuminate under the brow bone, and on top of the cheekbones, if you're only wearing concealer for the day. 

What are your go to products for concealing blemishes and under eye circles? Are you a fan of concealer, under or over foundation?

xx

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh wow the Maybelline Eraser Eye looks amazing, and anything that mimicks the beautiful YSl is a keeper! Do you find the sponge holds too much product or not?

    I'm part of the SO project too :)

    Rosie xo
    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to try the Maybelinne Eraser, I've never really noticed it when browsing.

    Sophie

    xxx

    Eskaybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my eye on the maybelline eraser but wasn't sold until I read this... Might have to try it!
    I'm taking part in the SO project too, would love it if you checked out my blog :)

    TalontedLex

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig