Thursday 19 September 2013

John Frieda Full Repair for Damaged Hair Review



I'm sitting here writing this post, with damp hair and waiting for my food to cook, and I just had to do this review now. I've been using John Frieda for about two weeks, and I love it. It makes me hair soft, smooth and shiny, which are the main three things I tend to look for in a good haircare routine. Not only that, but I feel like my hair feels healthier, and i've noticed that the ends of my hair don't seem as dry, or as damaged any more. I think it's the fact that they're rich in Omega-3, which claims to reduce the appearance and feel of damaged hair. Since I've started using this, my hair feels so luscious and bouncy, and I think it's actually grown. It claims to give full repair to damaged hair, and for me so far, it totally has. I am impressed, so let's talk about it.



We start with the shampoo* (£5.89), which is thick and creamy, and although it doesn't smell like anything too fragrant, it makes your hair smell clean, so much so, i've gotten comments on how good my hair looks and smells (win!). The conditioner* (£5.89) is amazing. It's so softening, and you don't have to use that much of it at all, and for the first time in my life, I actually have more conditioner left than shampoo. Mind blown. Together, these make a really wonderful duo, so much so, i've made my mum start using them, and she loves them too. My hair, in comparison to my mum's, is thin, but there's a lot of it, so there's quite a bit of body to it, but it's not thick; i rarely straighten or use heat on my hair, but i've got split ends which need care and attention. My mum's on the other hand, it really thick and curly, which she straighten's everyday, so damage repair is a top priority for her.

So for my hair, thin and wavy, and for my mums, thick and curly, it really works. So, two hair types down!



Now, for the best step, it has to be the oil. The repairing oil elixr which adds shine, smoothens and strengthens is amazing. It makes my hair feel so good, and I think it actually makes it dry quicker than it would without this step. This oil* sells for £9.99 in Boots, and I think it's totally worth it. I think it's hard to describe, but my hair feels so so good, that I don't think i'm going to change my haircare routine. Ever. This is something of a holy grail for me, as hair that looks and feels good is a total winner. It can be used on wet hair, with one pump into your palm, before rubbing your hands together and running it through your hair, or it can be used on dry hair, to add shine and tame flyaways, which happens quite a lot with the use of heat products like straighteners. 


Here is a link to the full range of full repair products from John Frieda, and here is a link to their Youtube channel, which after a good nose, offers some really good tutorials on on different hairstyles, so if you're a bit of a stickler for the same hairstyle (guilty as charged!) then this is exactly what you need! What's better than good hair, and learning what to do with your newly fabulous hair? I don't know, but I know that this hydrate and rescue haircare routine is now going to be my go to for my hair washes, which average about four times a week.

What do you guys think of these products? Would you give them a go? Got any hair issues that you think this could solve? Let me know (:

xx



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. ive never tried any john frieda products I always use aussie, but might change it up! I nominated you for a liebster award x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these products so much! They've made my hair feel so soft and wonderful, I adore them <3 Oh my gosh, thank you so much sweetie (: xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig