Monday 2 September 2013

The No7 Lipstick Edit



From left; Bewitched, Gay Geranium, Coral Rose and Sultry. 

I do like a No7 lipstick (as you may well know) or lipstick in general (which i'm sure you know) so, these four purchases have taken me through August, and will take me into into A/W quite readily. To say i'm very excited is an understatement, as not only do I love Autumn, I love the trends that come with it. But, before I start talking about snuggly socks and wooly scarves,  let's get back to the lipsticks.

Let's go from season to season, Summer to Autumn, and a good place to start, is Coral Rose. It's coral, pink and red, all in one lipstick, and while it's quite light and bright on the lip, it isn't too much, and is something i'd recommend for someone who likes coral colours, but doesn't want anything too in your face. 

The next is Gay Geranium and my gosh, it is bright. It is perhaps so bright that if you don't think you can pull it off, then I don't think you're going to like it on you. Some days I think I look really good in it, and some days I don't, those days are the ones when I take it off, and wear something a bit less 'in your face'. It kind of reminds me of 110 in the Kate Moss range for Rimmel, but Gay Geranium definitely packs a fiercer wallop.

Now, into Autumn, we have the sheer 'Bewitched' which is gorgeous, and a lipstick that I have been wearing so much, despite the fact that it's summer. It's had a glowing mention in my monthly favourites and in my opinion, is sheer perfection for A/W ... or any time of year really. It's just wonderful.

My favourite of all, is Sultry. Oh my gosh, how much do I love this lipstick? A lot, is the answer to that. I love it so much that I wore it at every possible occasion (outside of work). It's smooth, pigmented, such a rich colour that in my opinion, is going to be absolutely perfect for A/W and I can tell that it is going to be a staple in my make up bag, where ever I go. 

As always, the packing with No7 is really good; a nice weight, good material, and wonderful colours. I adore the gunmetal and mirrored silver of the packaging, as to me, it feels quite high end. Not as much as the gorgeous YSL ones, but more so than lipsticks around the same price range. I love the little cards that you find at the No7 counter with all the different looks on them, so I snatched them all up, and flick through them regularly for make up inspiration if I feel like being adventurous. 

Do you like No7's lipstick range? Which are your favourites? What do you think of the colours mentioned above?

xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig