Friday 24 October 2014

Bumble and Bumble Surf Set - First Impressions

Bumble and Bumble Surf 1

This was quite the implies purchase, or should I say, something I've stared longingly at for weeks as its been sat on the Boots till point. I finally crumbled and purchased it, along with my lunch, one afternoon during work and I have to say, I'm really quite impressed with it. I mainly lusted over it for the name, as Bumble & Bumble have worked up quite a cult like following, and I'd never seen any in the store nearest to me - but after reading post after post from bloggers I actually trusted, I knew that the Salt Spray was going to be mine, but I thought why not get some mini's, as not only are they a great deal cuter, but that'll allow me to get my foot in the door, in terms of what to expect from their products. The salt spray was the first product I went to, with it's opaque plastic casing, feeling quite luxe even though a part of me always thought that it was glass... though, plastic is much better as it's not going to smash when dropped. And I'm very clumsy, so it would definitely be dropped at some point, that's just the way it is.

I don't think you can buy it in a set online, as Boots wasn't showing any, but you can buy the smaller bottles individually, so if you only fancy trying one or two out of the set, then go for it, but at £18, it's a bit of a bargain, as you get to try out some much raved about products without dishing out a fair bit of money. That's basically what interested me in the set, as I didn't want to pay £20+ for something I didn't know I was going to like. So, onto the shampoo and conditioner. First impression wasn't anything spectacular, as no haircare products are really gripping my as much as my selections from Lush - but more on those later. It's meant to rid the hair of all impurities, but I think it takes more than one wash and dry to really determine whether I like it or not - so check back here for my full opinion in a few weeks. The surf spray, however, I think is the star product for me so far - there's just something so wonderful about casual, wavy by the seaside hair, even when the weather is getting colder - I think I may be quite late to the bandwagon, but I've always loved a good tousled lock. As far as first impressions go, it's pretty positive - but I think I'll need a good few weeks to try everything out, which is always quite exciting. Skincare is like that, I always try something out for a fair amount of time before giving my full opinion - so, what do you think of these products? Are they something that appeal to you?


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've heard soooo many good things about the Salt Spray! I think I will give it a try next spring/summer :) xx

    Jessie @ allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try this line forever, so this pack is perfect!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the invisible oil version of this set, I really want to try it as I'd never be able to afford Bumble & Bumble otherwise!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would defiantly drop this too, so I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Ive not tried any of the surf range, but can't wait to hear how you get on!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig