Monday 6 October 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick

Bourjois Rouge Edition 1 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 3 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 3 

Let's talk about Bourjois. But then again, who doesn't want to talk about Bourjois? It's the brand that all the bloggers seem to be talking about, and why not? With some amazing releases, including these incredible Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks, they're really stepping it up, and giving some of the more expensive brands a run for their money. The shades below are Ole Flamingo!, Pink Pong, Gran Cru, Hot Pepper, Peach Club and Personne ne Rouge! and they're marvellous. So, let's talk about them. They go on glossy, but end up matte and divine, the kind of lipstick you apply and don't have to touch up for most of the day. This is very true to my experiences, aside from a little wear around the centre of the lips, I don't have to deal with them at all throughout the day. Which is my ideal lip product really, especially when I'm working, and don't have time to touch up. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 4 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 5 

Pink is always a good place to start. Pink Pong (the colour above) is a 'smack you right in the face' bright pink; it's fuchsia and by damn, it wants to be noticed. It's not a colour you can overlook, or even look away from, it's a bam! in your face colour, and I love it. I was a little afraid of it at first, because it's so bright, but once I saw Lisa Eldridge use it in one of her videos, I was sold. It's gorgeous, and not in a classic way, it's modern and fun - it makes me feel like it would jazz up any look and instantly give you a zing that a red lip just won't do. Or maybe that's just me and my new found interest in bright pink lipsticks. The formula is amazing, and the colour is so bright and spunky, it just makes me feel like I want to wear it all the time (making me forego all my other lipsticks). Pink Pong has a bite to it, so definitely go test and swatch, if you feel like you're up to the challenge of such a bright lip (I wasn't at first, but I just put it on one day, and I've never looked back).

Below, we have Ole Flamingo! A bright pink, with a hint of something deeper behind it, like a berry of some kind. I think it has an almost Raspberry depth to it, making it more wearable, in a sense, than Pink Pong (i.e. less scary) which takes some guts to wear. It's such a wonderful intense colour (much like all of them) and because of the red-pinkness to it, I'd recommend it to red lipstick wearers that are thinking of branching out in pink lipsticks - I think it would be a relatively easy step, compared to Pink Pong, which sometimes I'm still a bit 'omg, can I pull this off?'. I think wearing any bright or dark lipstick takes some guts, but I feel like this would be the easiest step into the world of pink, without becoming too afraid. With fear comes second guessing, and with that is the 'No, I'll wear something more familiar instead'.

Bourjois Rouge Edition 6 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 8 

Next, is Grand Cru. Ugh, this colour. It's a deep, dark red, and it's made of amazingness and wonder. I wore this on a night out, layered over MAC's Burgundy lipliner, and it made me look like one of those mysterious ladies you see at bars, sipping on a cocktail and silently judging everyone. I wasn't doing either of those things, but it just made me feel rather awesome; a feeling I always welcome, especially since I was on a night out with my boyfriend and his friends (gotta impress ;)). The colour is something, I can only really compare to the colour of blood in dark, fantasy movies. The red, almost black blood that vampires would wear and look absolutely fabulous; considering how pale I am, and the amount of black I was wearing on the night, it was quite an unintentional vampire look (funny how that happens). The lipstick stayed on all night, and whilst my shoes gave me trouble (oh dear god the pain) my makeup was on point, and I was so impressed with the liner/lipstick duo, that I'd definitely wear it again.

Oh, Hot Pepper. It's an orange-red that bloggers have been raving about, calling it the 'new bright red lip' and I totally agree with those claims. It's one of the brightest reds that I own, and there's something about the orange undertone that I just love. It's such a modern looking red, which I suppose is down to it's wonderful mix of red and orange, and it just seems like the kind of colour that you could wear toned down, or amped up, depending on where you were going, or what time of day it was. This patted onto the lips, and blended subtlety is a gorgeous look, soft but still bright, and one of the only colours i'd do that with. There's just something lovely about the subtle pop of colour, as well as the pow! bright lip. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 10 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 11 

Last up are Personne ne Rouge! and Peach Club, two colours that just sing. The red. Oh my god, the red above, is the red of dreams. It's that intense red, the red you see movie stars wearing on the (ha) red carpet - it's the type of red that you want, no, need in your life. The ultimate red, and with the staying power that Bourjois have created, makes this an absolute go-to for a night out, or just generally when you feel the need for that classic red lip. It's the slight blue undertone to a classic red that makes me teeth appear whiter, and you like an even more fabulous rendition of yourself. The power of a red lip cannot be under or overstated, and if you find yourself looking for that classic colour, go check and swatch this little beauty. It will not disappoint. It's a timeless colour and very intense on the lip. You'll love it. Believe me. 

Peach is never a colour I was comfortable wearing on the lips, until I decided to give Peach Club a chance, and now, I can just slick it on and not worry. It's such a subtle colour to wear, despite how intense it goes on, as it's bright, but not too bright. It's a very pale, almost orange toned pink that I can wear and not think about; it's not a red lip, so it doesn't require the effort or like a pink lip, so it doesn't have that scare factor. It's soft and subtle, an everyday look that has a certain nod to the 60's about it - it makes me think it'd go perfect with a short shift dress and some eyeliner (sadly, I can't wear shift dresses because my figure doesn't like it, but the liner part of the tale is true). Black winged out liner and this colour, and divine together. A subtle evening out look, that isn't as 'in your face' as red or pink, therefore making this easy and simple to wear. In the day or night, this colour is a winner. Go swatch it. Actually, go swatch them all. You won't be disappointed. Which colours have caught your eye? 

Bourjois Rouge Edition 12
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig