Tuesday 7 October 2014

The Lip Exfoliation and Conditioning Routine

The Lip Routine 1

The Lip Routine 2

It's Autumn, and that therefore means its almost Winter, and Winter is the bringer of dry, chapped lips. Air conditioning, cold weather and everything that comes with this time of year dehydrates the lips, and even though you can drink as much water as you can, there are just somethings that you can't escape. So let's do something to prevent and treat. Enter ELF's Studio Lip Exfoliator (£3.95, here) to gently buff away the build up of skin. I think it's brilliant that it's shaped like a lipstick, as you don't even have to use a mirror to apply it - you can just buff away, whilst watching tv or something. I use soft circular motions, as I think it's quite easy to overuse it, and develop sore lips, which is a big no-no for me, especially in really cold weather. Balaclava anyone? 

There's something really nourishing about this sugar scrub, as it's full of amazing things to be gentle on your lips such as 'Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avacado, Grape and Jojoba Oils' - which aid in keeping lips moisturised whilst buffing away all the dead skin. Once I apply this, I dampen a flannel in warm water, and buff away very lightly at my lips, until I can feel that all the product is gone, and my lips are left ridiculously soft and smooth. If I can feel that my lips still aren't up to shape, then I'll lightly buff away again with the the same flannel, just to gently exfoliate the area. Once they're in tip-top shape, it's time for the moisturiser - and by that, I mean my Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm (Currently  on offer at £6.33, here). This lip balm, is a thing of wonder. It's so deeply conditioning, I wonder what I used in my life before it when it came to Winter and the horrid issue of chapped lips. 

It's simple really, all I do is coat my lips in a thin coat of the luscious balm, and then reapply when needed - but if I do the whole routine before bed, I apply a thicker layer, and leave it to sink in over night. Leaving me with amazingly soft, moisturised lips in the morning. This lip balm is so good, I pop it every travel makeup bag that I use, which leads me to the conclusion that my boyfriend will be loving this balm too, when it comes to Winter, as we're those dry, chapped lips kinda people. So it not only beautifies your fabulous self, it'll rescue your fellow loved ones from the perils of harsh, Winter winds and just general lip chapped-ness. 

Do you have a little routine that you use to prep your lips? Are these products something that you'd consider? 

The Lip Routine 3

The Lip Routine 4

The Lip Routine 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig