Wednesday 22 October 2014

Stila One Step Colour Corrector

Stila Colour Corrector 1

Stila Colour Corrector 2

This is actually one of my first Stila products. Gasp. I know, right? But I think this was such a brilliant introduction to them, the Stila One step Colour Corrector is wonderful; it corrects the redness in my cheeks, it helps to lighten the dark circles under my eyes and counteracte the yellowness in my complexion - basically, its evening out my skin tone and providing a really solid, perfect base for my foundation and concealer. Let's admit, having the perfect base makes everything look a lot better, and to me, it gives me that boost of confidence that's always good to have, especially if you're having to prepare for a long day or trying something new. I purchased mine from Marks & Spencer (£24, here) when they had a deal on with Ren, so I ended up buying a skincare bundle and this beauty from Stila; it was a bit of an impulse purchase, as even though I'd read lots about it, I'd never managed to swatch it - so it was a bit of a gamble, but that gamble has certainly paid off.

Three colours are swirled together when applied to your face, and they each have quite the task, especially on my face, as I have everything that they're targeting. Green 'neutralises redness and conceals blemishes', it does help a great deal to reduce the redness in my cheeks as well as helping to conceal any spots or marks on my face, but being me, I still can't do without my concealer - I like to make sure you can't see the major blemishes (there's one currently at the end of my nose), but on a good, lazy day, I'd pare this primer with some concealer and be on my way - I think it's the lazy girls answer to faking really even skin. Huzzah.

The lavender tone 'counteracts sallow undertones for a vibrant, energised look', so if you do suffer from that sallowness that can make you look quite unwell - yepp, I get that too - then this is certainly something to look into. It's that kind of look you get when you have a cold, or the flu - but this colours just brightens you up, and once again plays into my whole lazy girl look, which I love, because spending less time putting my makeup on when i'm in a rush, is always a good thing.

Peach, I think is the universal colour that 'brightens, illuminates and helps to diminish the appearance of sun spots' especially as I get such horrible dark circles under my eyes, so I think anything that lessens them is an easy way to my heart. I'm going to say it again. Lazy girl makeup. I think that has to be a blog post all on its own, but this primer just does it all - it makes me look alive, which is quite a task with the paleness of my skin - it's either ghost/vampire or alive. There isn't really anything in-between for me, but another good thing about this colour correcting primer is that it doesn't discriminate based on skin tone - so whatever problem you have, its got all the bases covered. Go have a cheeky swatch, you won't be sorry. Hooray for lazy girl makeup.

Stila Colour Corrector 3

Stila Colour Corrector 4
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Looks so nice in the bottle! I love the swirls. I like CC creams too, haven't tried one in ages! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swirls look so cool! I have huge eye bags and pigmentation so this sounds amazing! But out of my budget for now though. But then basically everything is from now until Christmas!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig