Monday 20 October 2014

Post #beautystoptober and Christmas Wish List

Christmas Wish List
I think there's something so lovely about a wish list. Even the word 'wish' reminds me of when I was younger and it was all about that 'wish upon a star' business. Now, it's roughly the same concept, except the star is someone's bank account, either mine or the unsuspecting victim who's going to buy me something lovely for Christmas, perhaps balking at how much the price is; but you know what? You can't put a price on good skincare, or good eyebrows. That's just the way it is. I wanted to put all my skincare and lifestyle choices together on one list, as we well know, makeup needs its own post, because my gosh there is so much good makeup out there and I want it all *makes grabby hands*. So these were the following items that I feel like I need to have - get ready to have some serious lust going on.

Let's start with the lifestyle/fashion, and who doesn't like something ridiculously cute and cuddly? The cute being the omg it's a sausage god doorstop and draught excluder from Next (£14 and £18, here) because I have a dachshund obsession and I've always trusted Next for good quality items; and for the cuddly option, I also have a nightshirt obsession, so this Red Check Flannel Shirt (£22, here) is ticking all of the boxes - paired with some thick, snuggly socks and that's me sorted. 

Now, let's get down to it. Lookfantastic, Marks & Spencer, Billion Dollar Brows and Jurlique are where all the magic is happening for me in terms of skincare, so if anyone wants to buy me something *cough*boyfriend*cough* then they'll know where to look. I think that was pretty subtle, so let's get talking about these gorgeous products.

From Lookfantastic we've got the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask (£21.99, here) of which I've heard amazing things and am desperate to try. Then we have Trilogy's Rosehip Oil (£11.06, here) and it's a product I already know that I love because I'm virtually in tears because mine has come to a very noble end... it's done so well, and my skin adores it. Finally, we have Real Techniques Nic's Picks (£21.99, here) and these call to me, like all of the RT brushes do. They're amazing quality and value for money - these are something I will go out and by for myself if I don't get it, they're that appealing to me. 

Next up from Jurlique, are three products that stood out to me as I browsed the website, because I wanted to slip into their skincare before going mad and ordering more things, like moisturisers and oils etc. Ahh, the Rosewater Balancing Mist (£16.50, here), it's a product I always see being mentioned in favourite products post, so it's been grabbing my attention for months - it has to be mine, as well as the Lemon Body Oil (£21.50, here); I have such an incredible love for anything lemon or citrus, it's just one of my favourite scents, so fresh and bouncy - so yes, I want to cover myself in it and basically smell like a lemon all day. Living the dream. Lastly from Jurlique is their Essence of Rose Roll-on Fragrance Oil (£16.50, here) because wow, a Rose oil fragrance sounds divine - something to give up smelling like a lemon for.

Three offerings from Marks & Spencer caught my eye - mainly because I was in there today, drooling over all the Nuxe and Ren products *dreamy sigh*. Something I didn't spot in store however, was GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment (£45, here) which is meant to be ridiculously good, I couldn't not add it to my wish list. Then we have Ren's Cleansing Balm (£23, here), a product I swatched on my hand, and was really impressed with, texture wise - I'm loving my hot cloth cleanser from them, so this was a wise addition. Nuxe's Star Set (£20, here) is a duo of their best selling Huile Prodigieuse oil and Prodigieux le Parfum, which I've not yet smelt, but it sounds wonderful.

Lastly, but certainly not at all least, is Billion Dollar Brows' Universal Brow Pencil (£17, here) from some serious brow game, and you know me, my selfies are all about the brows. A good brow is the key to a good day, I feel - a bad brow is something I don't even want to think about; it has the ability to brighten up and give structure to your face, and this product is designed for all skin tones and hair colours. It's a total win. What products are you lusting over for Christmas? Let me know if you fancy any of these. 




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I need to get compiling a wishlist. Have no idea what I want.. But of course I want something! Haha.

    Molly xx
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig