Thursday 16 October 2014

My #beautystoptober Update: Week #2

BalanceMeBeauty Bag 3

Week #2, and no makeup or skincare for myself has been purchased. I'm quite proud of myself, but I feel like I'm missing the rush and excitement of walking into Boots and picking up a new mascara - okay, I'm not the kind of person that can only buy one mascara on the high street. I'll need an additional three lipsticks, two blushes and an eyeshadow palette, and that's just because they caught my eye in the store, not because I thought it through, or made a list. I get drawn in by the prettiness of it all, and I used to spend so much money in my local Boots that the girls know me by name. It's not a good habit, especially when I want to save for things, i.e. a cute little flat, boyfriend and sausage dog. So I think this challenge has opened my eyes to the impulse purchasing that I used to do - maybe it's a female thing, or maybe it's not, but if it's by the tills and I've been looking at it for a few weeks, then I'll buy it. That's how I ended up with the Bumble & Bumble Surf Set in my possession - a decision which I don't necessarily regret, but did I really need it? Nope. I just wanted it, mainly to say that I own something by that brand. I think Beauty Blogging can be a slippery slope; trying to keep up with new releases and to be seen as blogger who keeps up with trends, it can be expensive as well as exhausting. 

I've spent the money I would have spent on myself/my face, and put it towards Christmas presents and my little jar of funds for Cancer Research UK - but I think I need to do even more. I want that cute little flat with a cute little dog, with the boyfriend, and there'll be cookery books, posters of Casablanca and Senna, cosy throws and that feeling of it being home. I'm a beauty blogger, no mistaking that, but can I be one when I'm not purchasing that much beauty products? I think I can be, but maybe a little lifestyle post or two wouldn't hurt now and again? I didn't think that not buying any makeup/skincare for me would cause this kind realisation, and maybe I'll get that flat and Sausage dog sometime soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed, and start putting a little bit aside each month. Rainy day money, but it always rains here, so, I'll call it my little dream fund. Or to be more realistic, my growing up/adult fund. Are you saving for a little something?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yeah I had this realisation too and pretty much stopped doing beauty on my blog now, but I think you can always shop your stash and do lots of posts about how you use the stuff you already have! Plus I love reading lifestyle posts so thats a great idea :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig