Friday 4 October 2013

Autumn/Winter lipstick #1 - Kate Moss for Rimmel - 107



This is such a blogger staple, and I've read numerous reviews upon it, so I thought, why not throw in my thoughts? Kate Moss' line of lipsticks for Rimmel is gorgeous. End of discussion. 

.. Haha, I've got a lot more to say than that (; 107 is an essential A/W shade for me. I think it's wearable, day or night, and can be taken from day to night with very minimal changes to my makeup, which is always a plus for me if I want to go out for a drink with the girls after work. It's been a heavy hitter in September for me, even earning a spot in my monthly favourites and boy do I love it! It's a gorgeous burgundy colour that's so pigmented and soft on the lips, and maybe it's just me, but it smells so darn amazing that whenever I put it on, and I make everyone around me smell it (yes it is weird, but I love the smell that much!) I'm a very big fan of Rimmel lipsticks, especially the Kate Moss range, as I might just own every single of hers -  but who can blame me? I'm a sucker for a good colour and a long lasting finish, and this is a definite combination of both.

For Autumn/Winter make up in the day, I would usually pare this with a subtle flick of eyeliner and maybe some contouring in the crease of my eye with a soft taupe colour (MUA's Undress me too palette is really good) and a pinch of soft rosey pink on the apples of my cheeks (i'm so pale, I am always in need of blusher, as otherwise I just look ill) but for night, I'll add some contouring to my cheekbones, and darken the eye makeup, making the crease heavier and the eyeliner thicker and more dramatic. If i'm going for a proper night out, then i'll vamp up my eyelashes using some individual fake eyelashes (which are very hard to apply until you get the hang of it... still not sure if I have...) and voila!  The lips don't need to be touched, unless you're topping up the coverage.

What do you think of 107? Is it a go to colour for your a/w?

xx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I really should investigate this lipstick, so many bloggers have talked about it and I've yet to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have this shade and absolutely love it!! It's the perfect autumn colour I agree

    Sarah x

    http://www.sparklesandstories.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Kate Moss #101 and it's my favorite red shade. Even more so than my MAC ones! (Russian Red and MAC Red)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this product today having seen it on another blogger I follow. I thought it would be pinker...but can't wait to wear it!

    Linda | And Other Stories

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig