Saturday 26 October 2013

Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion Review


This is my first Liz Earle product. Are you shocked? Well, it's true. This is my first dip into the large world that is Liz Earle skincare, and when I bought it, I was very excited. The Liz Earle counter in John Lewis looked so clean, and almost like the inside of a chemist... in a good way, like an expensive chemist with glass shelves... anyway, I bought this after reading review after review, and the response was good. I have very sensitive skin, but since reading about Liz Earle and taking a look at the list of ingredients, which include Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Witch hazel Water and Cornflower extract, I decided that this was a product for me. The natural ingredients really appealed to me, especially when my eyes are concerned, and the product has not disappointed.

The top of the product is a twist top, so you twist it, and a little spout protrudes from the top, allowing you to dispense the product in an easy and effective way without it getting messy (usually, i'm so messy, stuff goes everywhere). I dispense the product into two cotton wool pads and then hold the pads over my eyes for about five minutes, although you can leave them on for up to ten if you have more time. What struck me about using this approach, is that I can sit down with a cup of tea in the morning, and have the cotton wool over my eyes as my tea cools, so it's a very relaxing start to the day, which is always good by me. The product soothes tired eyes, but also, because it's a cool liquid, it also wakes them up, and in my experience, de-puffs them, which is brilliant because if you suffer from puffy eyes, this is a product for you to try. This product retails at £10.75 from Liz Earle, or John Lewis, which is where I purchased mine from, and more information can be found on the Liz Earle site here. This product is a lovely thing, and really makes me look awake in the morning (which seems to be getting harder and harder as the mornings get darker) but I feel that this could be used as a pick me up for eyes at any time of day, though I would only do it on bare skin, because it would strip all of the eye makeup off.

What do you think of this soothing eye lotion? Is this something that you'd try? 

xx
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love Liz Earle and this sounds amazing!!

    Great post and a lovely blog!!

    Katrina X

    http://history-neverrepeats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product. I've a bit of a cold at the minute and this is lovely from the fridge, it cools my eyes and definitely helps with depuffing :) Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried Liz Earle, sounds like it would be great!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig