Thursday 10 October 2013

Cardiff Haul featuring Mac, Nars, Liz Earle, Origins, Maxfactor, Body Shop.


I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I see a haul post on a blog, in my head I always start singing 'They see me haulin', they hatin'... I have no idea why. Seroiusly. No Idea. But who doesn't love a good haul? I certainly adore them, and they're some of my favourite posts to read (notebook and pen in hand) as I love seeing what people are buying (I'm nosy like that), so I couldn't wait to get this post up for you guys to have a good ol' nose at what I bought in Cardiff when I went with my two Bff's (it was all over my twitter, so you probably know how excited I was). Now, these purchases have been long thought out, and researched, but some haven't and were just bought on a whim (and what a fun whim it was!) So i'll go through them all with you (:


First thing's first; Liz Earle's Eyebright, which I bought from John Lewis as well as the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella (Cruella De Vil, Cruella De Vil, if she doesn't scare you... no evil thing will!) ... it's seriously been in my head since I bought it, haha. Eyebright was a blog found inspiration (can't remember whose blog it was on :( ) and I instantly jotted it down in my notebook for me to check out, as I'd never had anything from her range before, but i've read very good things about her line, as they always seem very natural and soothing, so that was me sold! Now, Nars was a twitter recommendation (once again, I cannot remember who... should really write these things down) and I was perusing the Nars counter for a good fifteen minutes before deciding on Cruella which is a gorgeous colour, a creamy texture even though it has a matte finish, and it seems to be a slightly less purpley Rimmel 107. I'll have to give it a good few wears to fully have an opinion on it. Watch this space (; 

Next, we'll do the Maxfactor goodies! There was an offer on in Boots (from which I also bought the Origins Super Spot Remover and Limited Edition Vaseline) and I had been very intrigued by the False Lash Effect Mascara in Waterproof (it has to be waterproof for me!) as I'd seen in on numerous blogs, and since Vivianna first introduced me to L'Oreal's Telescopic, I though I would follow her lead, and try this one out. I'll report back with what I find. The Whipped Creme foundation (in Light Ivory 40) was something I'd been looking forward to since it was announced, but decided to use up all my other Maxfactor foundation before springing out for a new one. The coverage is light, and would be perfect for a 'this is my natural skin' kind of look, but since i'm having a bit of a bad skin moment, it's been resigned for the day when my skin get's better (should be any day now). The Origins Super Spot Remover was a Tattooed Tea Lady find, and anything that can reduce my blemishes is a win for me! I've been using it for a few days now, and I think it's amazing. Truly a miracle product! It reduces blemishes overnight, and are gone much quicker than if left naturally. Loving this! The Vaseline was something I stumbled upon whilst wandering around Boots (as you do) and it immediately went in my basket. Vaseline is always an essential for me, for cold weather, as it acts as a barrier between my lips and the certain chilliness which was most certainly chap them. For an outing, I would slick on some lip balm, and put this on top, just so my lips don't lose that essential moisture during Autumn/Winter. 

Now onto the Mac (you've been waiting for this, haven't you?) I bought Diva lipstick, Burgandy lipliner and Vintage Selection paint pot. The paint pot was under the recommendation of Gemma, who was dealing with my Mac noobness (never been there before... shame on me!) as she gave me numerous paint pot recommendations, and under some perusing I decided that Vintage Selection was the one for me! It's gorgeous, and it doesn't move. Seriously. I swatched it on my hand in Debenhams (Thank you Ms Lucy for the Mac in Debenhams recommendation, as they were so lovely and so helpful!) and it didn't come off for ages. It's a champagne, rose gold glittery perfection of a colour, and i'm so glad that I was told about it! There's something very familiar about Diva, as it's a burgundy red, and it's so nice to wear on the lips, especially when combined with the Burgandy lipliner. It's a match made in heaven. I will report back with more knowledge on these Mac purchases (:


Now it's all about the Body Shop and Paperchase! In the Body Shop, I went a bit Chocomania mad (it just smells so good!) because as soon as I smelt it, I was actually salivating, and knew that I had to have it! So I purchased the Body Butter and the Shower Gel, and I can't stop smelling them both. So good! And who doesn't want to smell like a mango? I ask you, who honestly doesn't? So I bought the shower gel in Mango as well. I'm going to be smelling so good, I may be tempted into self cannibalism... only joking! Hahahaha. Paperchase is a fabulous place. It's all notebooks and stationary, and I do love stationary. So I bought a blogging notebook, one exclusively for my blogging, so I wanted something bright and cheerful, bound and with narrow lines. This one wasn't narrow ruled, but it ticked all of the other boxes, and that's good for me. I also purchased some Sticky Note bookmarks, as if you're anything like me, you have dozens of bookmarks but can never find any when you start a new book, so this was a genius purchase (:

So this was my Cardiff Haul! I hope that you liked it, and maybe even spotted a few products that you'd like to see more on (: Just let me know, though expect some in depth makeup reviews once they're all road tested. Thank you for reading.

xx




SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooh what a fab haul!!! I'm so pleased you got Vintage Selection, and you like it - it's such a gorgeous shade!!! You got some amazing things - love the look of the MAC Lipstick, it's very Autumnal! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous haul!! You are making me want so many things!! I already have vintage selection and I love wearing it!! And I NEED that Max lipstick!! It looks beautiful!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This haul makes me SO jealous!

    MAC Vintage Selection is amazing though, such a good base but also just swiped on for daytime – it's the perfect staple!

    Fab blog lovely :)

    H x

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig