Monday 7 October 2013

Autumn/Winter lipstick #2 - Collection - Queen of Hearts



Now this is red. Bright, bright red. Bright, in your face, try not to look at my lips kind of red. I would never have dreamed of rocking this look a year ago, but i'm really glad that I am now. Although, i'm still a bit hesitant about wearing it in the day... maybe i'll work up the courage and do it (:

Anywho, let's talk about this lipstick. It's gorgeous. It's creamy and I find that with most Collection lipsticks, they tend to go on very well, and don't dry out the lips, which is always a good thing by me. It kind of reminds me of the bright red a person would wear if they wanted to add an instant pop of colour to an outfit, as yes, other reds would do the same, but this would, in my opinion give a wow factor, as a deeper red may give off a more classic look. I suppose this is an almost pinky red, in a way, as opposed to the deeper, darker more blue reds which I usually fancy, and tend to suit me better. But this against my pale skin is really lovely, and I can imagine it looking rather gorgeous on all skin tones, as no doubt it would brighten up anyones features. For a longer lasting finish,iI'd use a lipliner as well, and maybe as well to get the shape of your lips before applying this, as it's so creamy, it went everywhere when I first applied it (far too excited) but since then, with a steadier hand and a bit of lipliner, it's all red-lips-a-go-go around here (which is actually really nice. who knew a red lip could make my day brighter?) It's the brightest lipstick of my chosen bunch, but by damn is it lovely.

What do you think of Collection lipsticks? Are you a fan? Would you consider a red as bright as this one? 

xx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is such a beautiful shade!! My kind of red!! How I wish this brand was available in Canada!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig