Wednesday 2 October 2013

September Favourites


Hello you fabulous people, here are my September favourites and a new photograph composition, I hope that you like both! So, here we go (:

First we have The Body Shop's Vineyard Peach body butter. Now i'm all for smelling like a peach (a like I didn't realise that I had before I tried this) but this body butter is exactly like all the others, and by that, I mean amazing. They're so moisturising and soft on my skin, but the smell (did I mention that it's peach? PEACH!) is gorgeous, and it smells like a peach tree. Ugh, so good.

Stila's convertible colour dual lip and cheek cream in Lillium is lovely. It's a gorgeous colour, and you only need a little dab onto your cheeks, before blending it out (I use a stippling brush to do so) and it gives such a gorgeous flush of colour that lasts all day with very minimal wear (I would give it about 30 seconds to set before applying a loose powder on top) This is the only Stila colour that I own, but it's so beautiful, and the consistency is so good, I'm definitely considering buying another. 

Now this is a product i've mentioned many times before (you're probably sick of me talking about it) but it's Soap & Glory's 'One heck of a blot'. Oh my goodness, I am in love. I take it everywhere with me. I'm serious. If i'm going out, it's in every bag and usually whipped out to check out my shine situation (it's something i've learnt to do over the years) and usually, I only need a slightly dab of the mattifying powder to make my skin look ready for anything. 

107 by Kate Moss' range for Rimmel is something of a holy grail product for Beauty Bloggers come Autumn/Winter and i've only worn this a handful of times during the month, but I love it. I've worn it in the day for coffee with friends (teamed with a simple flick of eyeliner and flushed cheeks), and then for a night out (with a smoked out eye, a thick cat eye eyeliner and contoured cheeks) and it's been tried and tested, this is a winner of a lipstick. 

The eyeliner in question is Rimmel's Scandaleyes precision micro eyeliner with the thinnest nib, as I find that it can get right in the corner of my eye, and give the most defined look. With creamy eyeshadows, this will not last and it will transfer (and if you have oily eyelids like myself, a little bit of transfer is inevitable) but I find that with powder eyeshadows, this last all day, or all night. It's very black and although it does sometimes drag across the eyelid, I find that it does the job.

The only mascara that ever works, and I mean ever, is L'Oreal's telescopic waterproof mascara, and that combined with my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers, is a winning team. I do actually need a new tube of this mascara, but can I find it anywhere? Nope. I am determined though. Bring it on Cardiff Boots, I will find this mascara. 



Maybelline's Eraser eye is glorious. It is YSL's Touche Eclat but without the price tag. It illuminates, conceals and just brightens my life. It's not a heavy duty concealer, as I use my Barbara Daly one for that, but this is for under eye usage and wherever I need a bit of illumination. It's gorgeous, and a permanent edition to my makeup bag. 

Now for my only haircare love this month, as as much as I love the John Frieda Shampoo and Conditioner (which I love so so much, did you see my rave review?) but for me, it's the Full Repair oil elixir that is the star of the shower. It's amazing, so much so, you only need one of two pumps, and it just makes my hair feel so good. It makes it soft, smooth and it actually dries a lot quicker than without anything on it. 

My only non makeup/skincare item, and that's a room spray. It's gorgeous. It's citrus, sweet, floral and fruity, it makes my room smell gorgeous, regardless of the time of year, but I find that this is especially good in Spring/Summer, as for Autumn/Winter I prefer something a bit spicier, and more musky (any recommendations?)





So this has been my September Favourites post, and I'd love to know what you think. What products are you loving this month? Anything in my list that has caught your eye?

xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I just one heck of a blot because of all the good things I've heard about it and I'm sooo excited to try it. Nice to hear even more positive things about it :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I like the composition :)
    I also like the favorites! That under eye concealers is one of my must haves! Love that shade of Rimmel lipstick too, I love the Kate moss ones!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig