Friday 11 October 2013

Stargazer Makeup Review


When the lovely Patricia asked me if I wanted to try some Stargazer products, I jumped at the chance! I've always loved the look of Stargazer's products, as it's always been reviewed by other bloggers as having such good pigmentation and long lasting wear, which I am all about! I was sent a small variety of products to try, and I will admit, I am really, really liking them. I love trying out new products, and being introduced to different brands, so this is a review I love love love writing, and I hope that you'll enjoy reading it.


Let's start with the lipsticks. They're very pigmented, which is a very big thing that I look for in a lipstick, as no one wants to layer, layer, layer with lipsticks, as in my experience, they tend to look quite cakey around the lip line, and aren't all that comfortable to wear. But these lipsticks, which I find to be quite moisturising on the lips, are very true to colour from the bullet and last for a good two to three hours before another application is needed, which I think is standard for lipsticks. I was sent two lipsticks, one matte and one regular. The Matte one, is called 208*, and is woody brown, and does not look good on me. Maybe it's the pale skin, dark hair and dark eyebrows, but brown doesn't suit me. It's lovely for those of you who suit brown shades (lucky you!) and is very creamy, and doesn't drag when applying on the lips. The second lipstick in 118*, is gorgeous. It's a dark raspberry colour and I can see it becoming one of my go to a/w lip colours. It's seriously gorgeous, to the point where the swatch doesn't do it enough justice. I'll have to take a picture of it on the lips. Gorgeous!

From top to bottom: Quick Silver Star Pearl eyeshadow*, Pinky is Perki Baked Duo eye shadow*,  Metallic eye shadow pen in Brown*, Lip stick in 118*, Matte lipstick in 208* and Eye Dust in 1*. 

Now onto the eyeshadows! I do like a good eyeshadow, especially if it's in a fun colour with good pigmentation pay off, and these four eyeshadows do the job so well! First is the Star Pearl eyeshadow in Quick Silver* which is pigmented, and gives the dense colour in two applications, so it's not something that's 'bam! silver eyes' in one swoop. I think this is wonderful as it can be built up to give a more intense appearance, or used subtly for a more highlighted approach. My favourite is using it in the inner corners of my eyes to make them appear more awake, and bright eyed. Next is the Baked duo eyeshadow in Pinky is Perki* which is a very fun name for an eyeshadow in my opinion. It's got a lovely shimmer to it, and very good colour pay off, but like most eyeshadows, the fall down under the eye is something to look out for. It's an almost pearly pink, with a shot of shimmer running through it, and it's so soft and weightless on the eye, so I'd say it was perfect for a soft romantic, english rose pink eye. Now we have the Eye Dust*, and by gosh is this pigmented! I've never really been one for eye dusts, as they seem so messy, but the colour pay off is so good, I might be a convert! The closest relative to this product, is perhaps the Barry M Dazzle Dusts, and sometimes I've found the Barry M ones to not be as pigmented as they look, this colour (in 1*) has proved to me that a little goes a long way, and is perhaps just the right product for someone not entirely taken in by the Barry M dusts. The last eye product is the Metallic Eye Shadow stick in Brown*  and I have to admit, I love this. The bronze coppery colour is just my kind of shade, and applies like a dream. It's soft, creamy and well pigmented with a soft shot of shimmer running through it. It's easy to blend and doesn't budge very much over the course of the day. This is a winner from me, and can give more expensive eye products a run for their money. 

Nail Polish in 110* and 512*. 

Last, but not least, are the two nail polishes. The Blue (110*) is a pearlescent polish, in a lovely, dreamy soft blue. I was looking at this the other day and thinking it's the kind of colour a mermaid would have on her toenails... if she had toes... or feet, or legs for that matter. But anyway, it's a very sea foam related colour for me, but I also have the feeling that something like this can be worn in the dead of winter, to contrast red noses, chilled fingers and dark lips. It seems like such a go to winter colour for me, and teamed with the fact that it'll last for a good few days before any noticeable chipping. It took three coats to get the above look, but I found that the formula dried quickly, so it was not much of a wait. The second colour (512*) is a gorgeous pinky red that reminds me of summer (Oh, summer) and looks gorgeous on my toenails (which are currently covered in very thick, wooly socks) It took two coats for a completely opaque appearance, and much like the other colour, it lasts very well.

I've been very impressed with the quality of these products, especially for the price, as they seem to produce products that go above and beyond what you pay. These products have had a very large thumbs up from me (i'm determined to find another use for the matte brown lipstick!) and I hope that you've liked reading my thoughts on Stargazer. Are there any products that have caught your eye? Let me know (:

xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig