Friday 19 February 2016

All things Rose - Skincare picks.

Rose Skincare - 1

Rose Skincare - 3

Rose Skincare 4

Do you ever just have that one scent, where whatever you smell it in, just sends you into a blissful little dreamlike state, where you're floating and surrounded by the wondrous smell... well, for me, it's rose. I used to find anything rose scented overpowering and just generally horrible. Oh how wrong I was. Rose is delicate, soft and the type of scent that clings to the skin, so that a quick movement can bring about that perfect smell once again...it's just fantastic. The main brand that re-introduced me to rose, was Jurlique, and their wonderful Rosewater Balancing Mist* (£18, here), which I think I mention basically all the time... but it's just perfect. Refreshing, delicate and hydrating enough so that your makeup still sits wonderfully on the skin. A perfect spritz for every weather. Jurlique are without a doubt one of my favourite skincare brands ever, and I've been so lucky to work so closely with them; they have really opened my eyes to natural skincare and wonderfully grown ingredients. Another example of this is their Precious Rose Intense Handcream* (£18, here), it's basically a creamy, moisturising hug for your hands. Soothing for skin and nourishing for nails, this hand cream is coming up roses. It's just a delight, and you can be that I'll be packing a cheeky tube of this in my handbag for when I go to London in the next few days.. cold weather and hands don't mix well together, so this is going to be a saviour. You can also bet that I'll be popping a little bottle of my Rosewater Balancing Mist into my handbag, as the weather outside will hopefully be dry, the air conditioning inside the hotel rooms are going to be playing havoc with my skin - so i'll be keeping this close to me, to keep my skin as hydrated as possible. 

There's something so nourishing about Rose within skincare, whether it's a special type of rose, like the Moroccan Rose Otto within Ren's Sugar Body Polish (£32, here), which not only buffs away dead skin cells and reveals new, glowing limbs, but wraps the skin in a glorious scent, not stripping away precious oils, but adding to them. The scent for me, is euphoric enough, but just seeing this, sat in my shower, waiting for me to start scrubbing, it just makes me feel rather happy (is it lame that skincare really makes me happy?). Plus I really do like the packaging, it's sleek and quite luxurious, but I can always count on Ren for packaging and products that do exactly what they're going to. Another Rose addition, is the Wild Rose Brightening 24 Moisturising Cream (£20, here), with a texture so light and bouncy, my skin positively drinks this up, leaving me looking more lively and maybe even feeling it (I always think that looking alive makes me feel more so... with or without coffee haha). The pot is literally on it's last legs, and I'm scraping every last morsel out of this red jar... I just don't want to part ways with it at all, as my skin adores it. I think the texture is one of my favourite things about it, it's like a gel, but also like a cream... or like one of those strained yoghurts, that you can stand the spoon up in and it won't fall over... it's kinda like that. Moisturising and illuminating, Korres are really onto a winner with their Wild Rose moisturiser. 

Lastly... a definite skin saviour. That acclaimed orange oil that bloggers go mad for, and I am exactly the same. Pai's Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil (£22, here) is just... otherworldly, not just for the colour... as yes, it is genuinely as orange as it is in the bottle... but when applied to the skin, it sinks in, and leaves my skin feeling wonderful. This oil is a definite favourite for my skin (I think my skin actually goes on strike when I don't use this at least four times a week) as it seems to balance out my oily t-zone and my dry cheeks and chin extremely well, without clogging my pores and making my face feel like an oil slick.  Before I became a blogger, I had a simple skincare routine, which even though my mum had instilled it in me from a young age, that I had to look after my skin, my face wouldn't be as hydrated, as well looked after, and as loved as it is now. Yes I still have my issues with my skin, like pigmentation/redness, dark circles and the lines on my forehead... but my skin is my skin, and I wouldn't change it, because a lot of love, care and money has gone into making it what it looks like right now. I know I'll thank myself in the years to come, and these five are products that are definitely making my skin as happy as it can be right now. 

Rose Skincare 5

Rose Skincare 6

Rose Skincare 8

Rose Skincare - 2
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love rose scented products! I am currently using a rose water spray for my face which is really good for my skin, a rose oil as a serum at night and I always carry with me my rose scented hand cream! Great post! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig