Sunday 28 February 2016

Winter accessorising and Estée Lauder.

Estée Lauder Collection 1

Estée Lauder Collection 2

As I write this, i'm procrastinating an awful lot. Why? I'm not entirely sure myself... I have dozens of things to do, but I just find myself scrolling on social media and looking at how pretty all my skincare and makeup looks on my chest of drawers. It does look pretty, I'll give you that, and social media is damn entertaining, but you know what, I wanted to talk about how extremely cold it is and that the sun is actually making an appearance. So sun is always brilliant. Sunshine means warmth, but it being the end of February and really, really chilly, I find myself wrapped up really warm, in bold colours and animal print, but then enjoying the suns rays too much... and then there goes my hat and scarf, as I'm too darn warm to wear them again. I tell you, going for walks in Winter Sun is always a bit of a dressing task. To wrap up, or to not? To layer up with six layers and a pair of gloves, or to not? It's tricky business, I tell you. So I just wanted to write a post about what I'm wearing, and generally what's going on my face in this whole in-between seasonal weather that we're having.

When I was in London earlier this week, the sun was shining and although it was very cold, my partner and I kept ourselves warm with coats, strolling around and small cups of coffee. Whereas in small Welsh town, there's more chilliness than sun to be found, but on a good day, there's a bit more sunshine than anything else... which means that I can just wrap up, with a few statement pieces, and be on my way. Skincare wise, I always try and prep my face for the upcoming chill of my walk, and smooth on some Advanced Night Repair Serum (£50, here) which nourishes my skin, and keeps my nose from going all flakey in the cold weather. My oily/combination skin doesn't necessarily change during this season, so I try and combat the inevitable shine on my skin, with Estée Lauder's Clear Difference Oil Control Moisturiser* (£42, here) before I apply any makeup. For a Winter stroll, I'll keep my makeup simple and chic, and I see no need to apply a lot of blusher, as no doubt Winter winds will give my cheeks a rosy glow, so I just tend to dab a little of Stila's Covertible Colour in Lillium onto my cheeks and lips, to give a hint of pink. For a soft, glowy base I apply Double Wear Light Foundation (£30, here) with a blending sponge (I use the Real Techniques sponge) and then just a little bit of Amazing Cosmetics concealer under my eyes, and on any blemishes, before brushing on a little Bronze Goddess Bronzer (£33, here) just so my face isn't as pale as usual...because trust me, it is very, very pale indeed. And I always find that a little bit of bronzer along the contours of my face, just livens my face up, making me look alive and well (which I am, I just don't look it haha). For a hassle free eye look, I'll just curl my eyelashes using my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers before applying Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof Mascara (£24, here) on my lashes, as the formula is so so black, it gives such wonderful definition to the eye. Lastly, a few spritzes of Sensuous Nude perfume (£37, here) on my pulse points, and it's ready to pop on a coat, some accessories, boots and head out of the door.

My chosen accessories right now are red bow leather gloves that I bought years age from Accessorize, a leopard print hat from Dorothy Perkins two years ago, and a faux fur stole from Topshop that I bought last year. And this isn't an ad for Estée Lauder, I'm just a massive fan, and I adore their products. 

Estée Lauder Collection 3

Estée Lauder Collection
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Gorgeous photos as always hun! : ) I love the look of the Sensuous Nude perfume. Bet it smells fabulous! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig