Monday 15 February 2016

The New Additions and First Impressions.

The New Purchases

Just a simple little post today, and it's first impressions tiiiiime! Who doesn't love them? I certainly do, as i'm so damn nosy, I just love reading what products people are loving! So let's start with something I've actually used before, and that's La Roche Posay's Effaclar K, and I honestly cannot remember why I never repurchased this tube... it's literally amazing. I noticed a difference to my blemished skin the next morning, as it helped the huuuuge spot on my chin go down, and is keeping my under the skin blemishes at bay, which is fantastic! This was in the reduced section at Boots, so I managed to get this for about £2, which is such a bargain re-introduction to the Effaclar range. Next up on the skincare routine, and it's a new product from Una Brennan, the Probiotic Overnight Skin Recovery Cream, which to me, feels more like a luxurious day cream than a night cream. It doesn't seem thick enough to keep the moisture in all night, so I've been wearing it in the day instead, and it seems to be doing quite well. This was another bargain purchase, £1.50 well spent I reckon. Whilst we're on the topic of Boots bargains, this Tangle Teezer was £5, and usually they sell for about £12 - £15, so I was quite excited! I've always wanted one, as I've seen loads of blogger with them, but I just couldn't justify spending that much on a hairbrush... now that I have one, I totally get it. No snags, no tears... just wonderfully soft, silky hair. 

My last Boots bargain is this lipstick from Rimmel, and it's their The Only 1 lipstick in Call me Crazy, a fantastic bright orange red. Swatches wonderfully, but I haven't worn it for a long period of time yet, but once I do, I'll write an update for you folks! And do you know how much it was? The clue is in the name... yep, it's was a £1. One! Just one! Crazy right?! Who can resist a lipstick for that much? Certainly not me. Now, onto different bargains, and these two Nails Inc polishes are from TKMaxx, a haven for me, for everything homeware and beauty... plus the occasional drooling over a handbag and a coat. It's just a fantastic place. I have two Gel Effect Nail Polish shades, and they are Baker Street and St James, a royal blue and a true red, respectively. They're both completely stunning on the nails (I've got St James on my toenails right now) and the gel formula is wearing very well. I'm going to have to test them out on my fingernails for a true reflection of their formula... as only really good ones stay on my nails for more than three days with minimal chipping. At £4.99 each, I was very happy to try these, without paying the full £15 for one of them.... Check back here to see some full reviews in the upcoming weeks. 





SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The La Roche Posay product sounds good. Im always looking out for something new to get rid of spots. My mum uses the rimmel lipstick in a nude shade and she loves it! X

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing bargains! I love the reduced section, I got some Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner for about £4!xo
    student-stylexo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some amazing bargains! Love the Effaclar range, it's amazing :) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig