Tuesday 2 February 2016

January Monthly Favourites 2016

January Monthly Favourites 2016 2

I think monthly favourites are some of my favourite posts to read and write, mainly because I'm extremely nosy and just love to see what other people are loving. There's a mix of products from the 'drugstore' or from the chemist, and those which are a bit higher end and I had to send for. But that doesn't make them any less amazing, let me tell you. 

Estée Lauder's Double Wear Light foundation is a light, glowy base that is just perfect for when you want coverage that's not too heavy or full on, and it's been one of my favourite base products for the past few weeks. It comes in a squeeze tube, which I think is wonderful, as you can bet that I'll be using up every single bit of this goodness until I buy another tube... yes, it's just that good. Next up we've got Seventeen's Stay Time Concealer which is a little bit too pale (even for me, that's saying something) but looks so beautiful on the skin when I use a paler foundation (I think it looks a bit light when I use a more neutral foundation) and really helps to make my skin look flawless, as well as covering under eye circles fairly well. Too Faced's Milk Chocolate Soliel Bronzer is my go-to matte bronzer right now; something that warms up my skin without making me look orange, a bit task with pale skin I find. Plus the smell is every chocoholics dream. Dusted onto the skin, it makes me look more alive and less like a member of the living dead - basically it just reminds me that I need a holiday. For blusher I have been turning to Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Blusher in Dim Infusion, a marbled mix of blush and their Ambient Lighting powder, making this compact super glowy and so easy to dab onto the apples of the cheeks; giving you a glow with the most minimal amount of effort. Such a win for me! Lastly for the base, it's one of my favourite highlighting powders ever, Makeup Revolution's Goddess of Love Highlighter, and it's just everything. I've told so many people to buy it, because it's just the perfect baked highlight, and they totally agree with me. We can't all be wrong, right? 

Anastasia Beverly Hills' Dip Brow Pomade is a favourite regardless of the month, or time of year, it's just such an amazing brow product - one that I definitely feel that I cannot be without. It's lasted for so, so long and I've barely made a dent. A product well worth the £15/16 price tag. Next up, a product that most beauty addicts have at least one of, and it's a Mac Paint Pot, mine is the in shade Bare Study, a soft champagne gold that is the perfect shade as a base, as well as illuminating the inner corner of the eye. It lasts for ages on the eyelids, even with my oily ones, and holds shadows on top so well. I never really find mascara's that wow me, unless it's L'Oreal's Telescopic Lash Mascara, which I actually have no words for... god I loved that mascara, sadly it's almost impossible to get anymore (*cries*), but this one is actually doing rather well. It's L'Oreal's Volume Millions Mascara in waterproof, and it's actually keep my eyelashes curled, which is a rare thing, believe me. It does however smudge a little, but I can overlook that as I like it so much. Lastly, is Clinique's Lip Pop Lipstick in Nude Pop, a stunning soft beige pinky nude shade that moisturises like a dream. I am a huge, huge fan of this entire Clinique range so I'm very excited whenever I use one, plus it stay for ages, and wears away so evenly too. 

What are your favourites this month? 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The Hourglass Blush looks stunning x

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures as always missy. How nice are those Hourglass blushes though?! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these favourites! I used to use that foundation and loved it ;) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig