Tuesday 9 February 2016

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks with swatches.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks 1

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks 2

So Valentine's Day, eh? As much as I love a good celebration day, it can be a bit much. Red fluffy hearts, massive teddy bears and too much chocolate. I think I can get onboard with loads of chocolate, but would anyone else just rather have a good lipstick? Or makeup... give me all the makeup, regardless of the occasion. Birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day... Easter? Humpday? Seriously, I'll just take it all. I'll pass on the teddy bears (unless they're shaped like dinosaurs) and red fluffy hearts... because why?! Yeah, I'm not really soppy... more romantic, in a kind of 'find a vaguely amusing and slightly offensive Valentine's day card and cackle endlessly in the Tesco card aisle'. So yes, in my effort to be less soppy and more romantic, I've decided to do a post on something every girl needs. Lipstick. And who better to show off, than Urban Decay? Whether creamy, matte or sheer... Urban Decay know how to do a lipstick. So for Valentine's Day, it's a battle between nude/pink and a pink/red... I already have a few firm favourites, so where does your heart lie in this matter? You can shop all of the colours that strike you from UrbanDecay.co.uk and maybe even leave the page open, on a certain shade... 'because, you know, these things are available from Debenhams, John Lewis... numerous places... *hint hint* *wink wink*

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks 3

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks 4

I thought that, going into this, the dark colours would have me. I love a good dark lipstick, so Manic*  and Fiend* were my first impression favourites, but I have to say that Naked* and Turn On* were a massive surprise. Whereas I think Obsessed* is the kind of colour that I'm not confident enough to pull off... a bright almost Barbie pink, that I applaud other people for wearing, but for me, I'd have to blot it down and make it seem more of a stain; otherwise, I'm not sure if I'd wear it outside of my house (let me know what you think it looks like on, below). 

But as you can see, the swatches on the back of my hand, and the lip swatches are fairly the same, but it's always nice to see them on, isn't it? My lips are quite pigmented, so finding lipsticks that can give the impression of 'My lips, only better' is a massive win, as I don't know, some days it's just reassuring to wear a natural lipstick, as I think it gives me a bit of a boost. Naked is the perfect nude lip, a really soft peachy pink that just looks so gorgeous on. Fiend is a deeper, nude pink mauve shade, one that I actually really love the look of... a total win as the original swatch stole my heart. I think it does swatch lighter for some, but I think my pigmented lips are making it a bit darker. Obsessed, like I mentioned earlier, is a super bright pink, ridiculously pigmented and beautiful in looks that other people have worn. I think it looks okay on me... but someone else would totally rock this look! Turn On is the darker of the pinks, a fuchsia shade that is so ridiculously pigmented that you need one swipe, and that's it! Manic is the last, and it's just so stunning. A soft wine shade that is just so beautiful slicked on at full force, or whether patted down and worn as a stain, it's just gorgeous. 

So far, I'm leaning either towards Naked or Manic for the big V-Day celebration, and by that, I mean day in work, and then back home to watch Netflix. Maybe Manic for the day with customers, and then a softer nude, like Naked for a night in? Hmmm. Let me know what you guys think I should choose! 

From left, the Revolution Lipsticks are; Turn On, Obsessed, Manic, Fiend and Naked.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks swatches

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Fiend.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Obsessed

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Turn On

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Manic

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks swatches 2
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. These shades are all so beautiful on you! I've never tried anything other than base products from UD xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I love manic and obsessed! :D

    F x

    thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades are gorgeous! Desperate to try out some of UD's new range:) xx


    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving manic, it looks so gorgeous! I've never tried UD lipsticks but I really want too! Plus their packaging is so sleek. They also look quite moisturising.

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig