Monday 1 February 2016

Handcare with Jurlique #Jurliquehands

Jurlique Hand Creams 1

Jurlique Hand Creams 2

At the start of a new month, I wanted to share something special to me. Not only handcare, and not only Jurlique, but the hands of my mum and I (in the first picture above). I can go on and on about how amazing hands are, what they go through and how we need to protect them, but that doesn't have the same personal touch, does it? So, i'm going to talk a little about me, and my mum... and about why #Jurliquehands was really special for us. Firstly, the video is here and I really recommend that you watch it. It's about one minute long, but there was something really emotional about it, and it really struck a cord in my family. Hands are so underrated. They really are. They do almost everything, and they bare the brunt of that on their appearance. I'm not saying that hands are ugly, not at all, as hands tell a story.

I try and look after my hands, as they always say that you can tell a person's age by their hands. I've always been one to carry hand cream around with me, and smother it on at night. My mum is on of those occasional wearers of hand cream; hands in and out of water all day, cooking, cleaning etc, all of the typical mum things, and whilst I try and do the best that I can, I still feel like her hands haven't been given enough love and care. So when I give her a manicure, I slather on some Jurlique hand cream, in whatever scent she fancies, and then it suddenly seems to brighten her up. My mum has done a lot for me. She's raised me and my older brother whilst my dad worked, until she went back to work herself; she made some of the best food that I've ever tasted, and she's been my comfort whether I've been sick, or upset... or just needed my mum. She's also been there to have a cup of tea with and sing the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack at. She's helped me build furniture and clean my University rooms, and she's been the reassuring voice at the end of the phone whenever I needed advice. My mum's hands tell a story of a life of hard work, of love and of family. Yes, they've also told tales of immense sadness and loss, which makes them strong and wise. Her hands are something that I love about her. They know, almost automatically how to make things and although they bare scars of cooking, cleaning and work, they make her who she is.

All she sees are broken nails, skin that can be smoother and a few scars from cooking, but what I see are the strongest hands, and the strongest person that I know. So when I asked my mum about being a hand model for me, she resisted at first... scared of showing her hands to the world, but I told her that it was about sharing experiences. So we both moisturised our hands, and took a few pictures, and then proceeded to keep moisturising our hands for the next few days, and now I think I've given my mum a new habit. At least it's a pretty good one to have. Plus, the scent of Jasmine wafts around any room that she's in, which is so wonderful.

Since I started thinking about Jurlique and #Jurliquehands it's made me realise just how much hands go through, and what mine go through too. They create, mend, caress, touch and so much more... how amazing is that? I think they're absolutely wonderful, so why not give them the best hand cream out there? I've been a massive fan of Jurlique's hand creams ever since my first one, so the Collection * was the ultimate step in my hand cream obsession. Rose, Citrus, Lavender and Jasmine, four scents that can calm you, no matter what mood you're in - for me, Rose and Citrus are the ones, though I do like to occasionally mix it up and put Lavender or Jasmine in my bag, so that I can take some of my favourite creams with me wherever I go.

What's your hand story? And what creams do you use to keep them looking their best?

Jurlique Hand Creams 3

Jurlique Hand Creams 4

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is such a lovely, sweet post! This is such a nice story, and a reminder of how important and underrated hands are! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig