Sunday 7 February 2016

Flamingo Jar Candles

Flamingo Candles

DSC_0061

I'm just going to put this out there. These are amazing. I think I may actually prefer them to my Yankee Candles, as they don't give off such a dark, sootiness to them... if you know what I mean? Like the jar isn't blackened and dirty? That may just be the soy wax, but I'm not quite certain. Anyway! The scent of Pink Lemonade (here), Lemon Curd (here) and Cinnamon Sticks (sadly no longer available) are just beautiful. True to the name, not artificial smelling at all... and so far, after many, many hours or burning, I'm yet to make a real dent in any of them. I've been burning Pink Lemonade for days and days, and it's only just reached the top of the flamingo's head... so far, I'm very impressed. As well as being completely organic and a delight to burn, they're made in Britain (woo Wales), so I'm representing the Brits by burning one of these beauties. 

The Glass Jar Candles by Flamingo Candles are some of the best, and probably, some of the most beautiful. Bright or pastel, these colours and scents are a delight for the senses, with a whimsical flamingo on each jar in different shades, they really are a fabulous addition to any room. My Pink Lemonade is currently sat on my windowsill, illuminating and creating a warm glow as I work... I don't think there's anything better, on a chilly night, where the wind is howling, than snuggling up and having a candle burn, encasing the home in the scent. 

I fell in love with Pink Lemonade when I went to Blenheim Palace last year, and since then, I always find myself craving it, so what can be better than a candle to ease my need for it? It's sweet, not artificial, with a gentle lull of strawberries and lemon. Smells like a warm Summer day, when I have a drink in my hand and I'm lying on a beach. Heavenly. Lemon Curd is another favourite of mine. Sweet yet zesty lemon with a hint of vanilla... gorgeous, no matter what time of day. Fresh but warm and comforting. A gorgeous scent. And lastly, Cinnamon Sticks; a festive scent that's warm and spicy, a blend of spices that makes you crave mulled wine and a mince pie... perfect for cold weather and snuggles underneath a blanket. At £12 each, these are considerably cheaper than my previous favourites, Yankee Candles, and with much cuter jars in my opinion. These seem more.. homely, like something you would put homemade chutney in or something. I love how sweet they are. 

I've got my eye on a few (dozen) candles that I think will be sneaking their ways into my next order, such as these food themed ones: Raspberry and Salted Caramel (here), Macaroon and Almond High Tea (here), Créme Brûlée (here) as well as some cocktail drink themed ones: Mojito Cocktail (here), Cucumber and Melon (here), Thai Lime and Mango (here), Strawberries and Champagne (here) and Tropical Coconut Milk and Honey (here). Basically anything food or drink related.. and I'm there. Do you have any scents that I simply have to try? 

Flamingo Candles Pink Lemonade

Flamingo Candles Cinnamon Sticks

Flamingo Candles Lemon Curd
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have never heard of Flamingo candles before and I live in Wales! :O Do you know if they sell them in stores or is it just online? I love candles but I never buy Yankee Candles as I think they're super expensive! Lemon Curd sounds very summery, might try it!

    Montse ¦ BEAUTEUR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore these candles! The favourite I've had so far was called Cheesecake Crunch but Lemon Curd is right up my street and very high on my list :) The Melt Crowd that they offer is fantastic as well - I'm totally set for life on wax melts :)

    Katie || KNEL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really into this for a while. Great post, thanks for sharing!!

    Wholesale Mason Jar Candles

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig