Thursday 11 February 2016

Drugstore Highlighter picks under £10

Highlighter Trio 1

Highlighter Trio 2

As you can imagine, three products that each come in under £10 each are going have a lot to say, and a lot to prove, especially when the highlighter market right now is filled with Anastasia Beverly Hills and Hourglass; both seem to be gracing thousands upon thousands of cheekbones around the world, and whether worn alone or combined, Drugstore highlighters have a lot to compete with. With two powder offerings and one cream, this trio covers it all. Makeup Revolution are such a standout brand for quality and pricing, and with two highlighters, both buttery and finely milled, you can bet that they are standard additions to my rather extensive makeup kit. The Radiance Palette from Makeup Revolution was something that I originally reviewed last year, and the same goes for the Goddess of Love Baked Highlighter, but y'know what? They're just so good, that they deserve so much more love. MakeupRevolution are still as impressive now, as they were when they first burst onto the scene with their makeup dupes and show-stopping formulations. 

Another addition, is from Boots' own brand, Seventeen, and their Skin Wow Primer (£5.99, here) is nothing short of pearly, glowy loveliness. It can be used as a primer, mixed with foundation and also used as a highlighter - for me, this is amazing as a highlight on my cheekbones. Mixed with foundation/used as a primer is asking for a sparkly, shiny face - and I have oily skin, I don't need to draw more attention to my skin when it gets shiny (I might blind someone..). I blend this onto the tops of my cheekbones after foundation, and it just gives a beautiful iridescent glow, and when I blend a little Goddess of Love (£4.99, here) on top, you can bet that there is some major fleek. Serious fleek. All the fleek

The Radiance Palette (£8, here) consists of three shades; Breathe, Exhale and Glow, all of which are perfectly pretty and gorgeous, though I would only use two on my cheekbones. I would use Glow (the more bronze shade) as either a bronzer, or even as an eyeshadow, as who doesn't love a multitasking product? Breathe and Exhale are shimmering champagne shades, with Exhale being the lightest and Breathe having a little more of a darker pigment, making it a highlighter for a medium skin tone. Exhale is the choice for paler ladies, much like myself, and I think that Glow would look gorgeous on pretty much anyone, although darker skin tones will definitely have a bronze glow to their cheekbones if they use it; if I used it on my cheekbones, I think I would look like I'd had a rather large makeup mishap! Which one of these have taken your fancy? Or are there any more Drugstore highlighters that I should be having a look at? 

Highlighter Trio 3

From the top: Seventeen's Skin Wow Primer, Makeup Revolution's Goddess of Love Baked Highlighter, and MR's Radiance Palette in Breathe, Exhale and Glow

Highlighter Trio 4

Highlighter Trio 5
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I can't believe how affordable these products were, they look so lovely as well I thought they were some new Too Faced products at first glance. Especially the heart shaped highlighter. The Radiance Palette looks so nice as well!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products look amazing and so affordable! Definitely will be purchasing some of these :) if you have time please can you look at my blog and offer some tips it's my second ever one :) http://xemmalouisemoorex.blogspot.com/2016/02/queen-of-makeup-essentials.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the Makeup Revolution's Goddess of Love Baked Highlighter! Looks so pretty. Thanks xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love highlighters! My favourite is my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick but these are great affordable alternatives. I saw a different round Make-up Revolution one yesterday which also looked great!

    Laura | laurakathren.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing!
    Alicia
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all such amazing picks and so affordable too!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Seventeen highlighter is all kinds of amazing. A little goes a long way.

    I recently picked up Mac's travel size strobe cream for £10! It's quite a generous bottle if you ask me, definitely worth it for those reluctant to pick up the full size.

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig