Tuesday 16 February 2016

H&M High Impact Eye Shadow in Shiitake

HM Makeup eyeshadow Shiitake

HM Makeup eyeshadow Shiitake

This is such a beautiful taupe. The packaging is lovely. I'm just a huge fan. That... has kinda ruined the review, but I guess that you know to read on if you want to know more about it? A buttery soft satin finish, with a slightly bronzy taupe shade in the sweetest little packaging. I think H&M know how to do clothing and home ware very well, so it's only natural for them to take that inspiration and knowledge into their makeup range - and from what I've seen, the makeup is sleek and very, very instagrammable (hence that gold and white finish). I'm actually quite surprised that I managed to walk away with only one thing from the collection, but I had my boyfriend with me, and I had just dragged him through the entire Home Section in the store... so yeah, I suppose I felt a little bit sorry for him. To be honest, we had just devoured a Five Guys, so I think we were both in a bit of a food induced haze.... totally time for a nap. 

Back to this High Impact Eye Shadow in the shade Shiitake; it's such a gorgeous shade, whether worn on its own or blended with others. I think that because it's a satin formula, the light picks out certain shades, making it seem that you've pretty much made loads of effort on your eyes, when all you've done is blend out one shadow. It's the lazy girl approach to shadow, and it's awesome! I also really like it blended into the crease, to give depth to the eye socket - I'm just a really big fan of it, and for £4.99, it's the kind of formula that can give big drugstore names a run for their money. I've certainly got my eye on a few more pieces from their collection, such as multiple eyeshadows (Candied Almond and Greige of Innocence look beautiful), their cream blushes and even their brushes are looking mighty fine... so I think I'll pick up a few bit when I see them in a store next, before, of course, raiding the home section... forever raiding and drooling over everything in there. The last time I was there, there was a sale on... I don't think the noise that came out of my mouth was human. It certainly seemed to freak my boyfriend out... but oh well, he's pretty much stuck with me now, anyway.

Have you picked up any little bits from H&M that I should know about?

HM Makeup eyeshadow Shiitake

HM Makeup eyeshadow Shiitake swatch

HM Makeup eyeshadow Shiitake
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have a few shades in my collection with this vibe as well, that make it seem like you've put more effort in than you have - which I love!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! Love the look of the shadow, so pretty x

    Laurzrah 

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig