Thursday 11 February 2016

Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipsticks

Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipsticks 1

Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipsticks Swatches

Remember when I spoke about Urban Decay? Of course you do, it was only the other day... anyone else quite impressed with the fact that that rhymed? Just me? Okay then. I blogged and gushed about UD's amazingly creamy Revolution lipsticks, and even provided swatches/lip looks; that's how much I love you guys, and these lipsticks. Which believe me, is a lot! Well now you've gotta make room in your lives for these two stunning shades. Say hello (hello!) to Sheer Rapture* and Sheer F-Bomb*, two shades that are so me, I don't know where they've been. Currently they're sat in my lipstick wardrobe (yes, there's an entire wardrobe for lipstick... ha, just kidding! I wish that there was) being all shiny and beautiful in their packaging, which is so luxurious, it has to be some of my favourite from any brand. If there's one thing I've come to know, it's that Urban Decay do packing and formulation very, very well. 

So, I covered bold shades in my last post, from nude to bright pink, there never were creamier lipsticks to be seen! But this time, and just in time for good ol' Valentine's Day, a sheer wash of pigment that gives a full glossy lip. Now, if you know me and this blog, then you'll know that glossy lips are not my thing... I find them sticky, goopy and just plain horrid (take them away from meeee) but these Sheer Revolution lipsticks (£15.50, here) are anything but! Silky with a slick of colour that's not too much. Sheer Rapture looks a bit darker on me (it's the pigmented bare lips) but according to UD a 'sheer dusty rose' was what they were going for, and for me, roses are the best shades, so you can count me in for all of the rose shades in the future! Much like their non-sheer counterparts, these lipsticks wear evenly and tend to last for about 4 hours before I really need to touch it up.

F-Bomb is the most fantastic 'sheer red', with almost a pinky coral undertone, and ohmygoodness it is so so beautiful. A glossy red lip is usually a massive no-no from me, but this just screams yes-yes. Urban Decay have really hit the nail on the head with this shade, as it's one that I haven't seen before, and was certainly not present in my lipstick wardrobe (yep, there's that wardrobe again). Much like Sheer Rapture, the shade wears evenly and can go many hours before any major work was needed to make it look presentable again. Another thing that's beautiful about these, is that, if blotted, the immediate sheen is taken away, leaving a sheer stain of colour, making your lips look delectable (you can bet that I snapchatted these shades to my boyfriend) and yeah, pretty sure that he agreed. For £15.50 these lipsticks come in under Clinique, draw with Mac and are a little more expensive than the Drugstore, but they are so so worth it. You can purchase them from UrbanDecay.co.uk or from Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis etc. Do you have any shades from their Sheer Revolution line, or are you fancying any? Y'know, it's gonna be Valentine's Day, gotta remember to 'treat yo self'!

Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick

Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm honestly not sure why I still haven't tried UD lipsticks yet. I love their eye makeup products but other than that, I haven't tried much by them. I'll have to give their other products a go! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig