Wednesday 16 March 2016

Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in Fair.

Amazing Cosmetics concealer 1

This is one of those concealers that I've seen a lot of, and not at the same time. I've not seen that many bloggers review it, or even talk about it, but I know that makeup artists use it, so why the blogger blackout? I've yet to really read any posts on it, from the thousand or so blogger on my Twitter timeline, or on my Instagram timeline, and I want to change that, because this concealer is so so good. If you suffer from dark circles, like I do, then this is something that you're going to need to look at. An extremely full coverage concealer than not only conceals dark circles, but evens skin tone without making me look plastic (although having an amazingly even skin tone is what I really, really want). I use this on my under eyes, on any blemishes and down the centre of my face, in the so called 'triangle of light' where you apply concealed to conceal, lift and brighten the face. Mostly, I'm really concerned with concealing, because my under eyes are one of my biggest insecurities, and dark circles are a big issue for me. If someone says 'oh you look tired' then I immediately feel like shit, because despite the fact that I'm well rested and got a glowing face of makeup on, I'm still classed as exhausted by the state of my under eyes.

My under eyes are something that I try and keep as hydrated as possible, because dry under eyes mean creasing concealer, whilst applying too much eye cream under makeup means smudging. It's almost a lose-lose situation, but with this Amazing Cosmetics Concealer, I feel that I finally have the opportunity to look... you know, alive and well, not as if I haven't slept for three days. I chose the palest shade, which is Fair, but they do a really wide variety of shades, with more being developed all the time. So currently, the brand are at 20 shades, but why stop there? I think until they make concealer for women with really dark skin then the market for concealer won't be truly complete. Obviously Mac, Iman Makeup and higher end brands like Dior and Nars do dark shades of concealer, but I never really see any in the drugstore, or in any shops on the high street that sell a bit of makeup (I live in a town where the nearest John Lewis and Mac is an hour away, and there isn't even a Space NK in Wales) - so I think that Amazing Cosmetics, with the range of products being stocked in Marks & Spencer, can truly have a hold on the market. 

Amazing Cosmetics concealer swatch 1

Amazing Cosmetics concealer swatch 2

But let's get back to this shade, and the formula. It's thick, really thick, but so easy to blend, so I was really surprised. I apply it with my fingers, and then use a damp beauty blender to blend out the edges (I swear that the Real Techniques Beauty Blender is on of the best purchases ever). It's thick, so it conceals where you need it but you can also pin-point conceal with it, which not only makes it more diverse, but it can just be that one concealer that you can use for everything. After doing some research, I realised where I'd seen this product, and it was on the gorgeous Rosie Huntington-Whitely's Snapchat, as she's always posting little mini snaps of what products she's using - so if this is supermodel recommended, then you know I'm going to be a fan. 

In the images above, you can see it swatch on, then semi blended, and then below, you can see the fully blended shot (this was just blended with my fingers, not my beauty blender), so you can see that covering of uneven skin tone, such as veins etc. It's a really wonderful addition to my makeup bag, that I've used almost daily since I bought it from M&S, and please don't be turned off by the formula - it's thick and packed full of pigment, so you know that it's going to conceal anything you'd like concealed. For me, blemishes don't stand a chance, and dark circles are significantly reduced in appearance. It's £29.50 for a 15ml tube, which is a bit expensive, but for me, this is going to be something that I'll be repurchasing again and again, because it's perfect. 

Amazing Cosmetics concealer swatch 3

Amazing Cosmetics concealer 2
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks really good! I have yet to find a concealer that I actually like enough to repurchase it.x

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig