Thursday 24 March 2016

My Under £10 Handcare essential: Lush Salted Coconut Hand Scrub

Lush Salted Coconut Hand Scrub 1

I love a good hand scrub, and I'm a massive Lush fan, so when I spotted this pot sitting quite happily in the Cardiff Store, I knew that it had to be mine. At the last Lush event that I attended, one of the lovely assistants there gave me a wonderful hand massage, and used this glorious scrub on one of my hands, just so I could tell the difference. And what a difference it made! The skin on one hand was soft, glowy and really just better... whilst the other hand looked dull and a bit sad, so I knew that I needed the scrub in my life... mainly just to make my hands happy, of course! Plus the smell of coconut is one of my favourite things ever, so believe me, it wasn't only a treat for my hands... but a general treat for me. 

Hand scrubs can be a bit annoying, as hey, you can't really use your hands for a few minutes, but it's actually so relaxing to wet your hands, dollop the scrub between your fingers and gently start scrubbing away, before leaving for a few minutes (that's when the coconut oil real starts to do its magic) and then rinsing off, leaving soft, radiant hands that are too good to just sit there. So I usually say 'Ooooh feel how soft my hands are' and then once everyone has agreed with me, I generally move on to better things... like probably tweeting my love for it. That's an exciting time of the day for me. But what is there not to love? It's got finely ground sea salt, coconut oil, argan oil and fresh lemon.. and those are pretty much all products that I love, so why not have them combined to make one amazingly moisturising product? At £7.95 for 130g, this pot is proving to be not only a staple hand product for me, but one the lasts for quite a long time as well. I took a massive handful when I used it the first time, and I've learnt from that mistake... you really don't need that much. It's plenty powerful with just a sensible dollop, and I love the feel of it between my fingers, scrubbing away all the dead skin particles. It feels like you're scrubbing the day away, leaving your skin and hands feeling refreshed and ready for some hand cream. You don't necessarily need a hand cream, but if you're anything like me, you live with a hand cream almost permanently attached to you. I follow this scrub with a fresh Lemon hand Cream from Jurlique, as I have yet to try any from Lush. I suppose that will be my next stop. Are there any hand creams that you cannot be without? 

Lush Salted Coconut Hand Scrub 2

Lush Salted Coconut Hand Scrub 3

Lush Salted Coconut Hand Scrub 4

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Never thought I needed a hand scrub, but I think you've persuaded me. I'm a bit of a coconut fan.

    Katie | cocopetite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a scrub geared towards hands but if I have a shower and I'm using a scrub, I do try to work it into my hands a little bit. I love Rub Rub Rub from Lush for this, but I may have to treat my mum to this because she loves coconut and is partial to a bit of hand pampering!

    Sophie x | Essential Twenty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds gooooorgeous and I really want to try it - I love coconut scents, too! ♥
    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig