Friday 25 March 2016

If I created my own Beauty Box.

If I made my own Beauty Box

If I made my own Beauty Box 2

Beauty boxes are everywhere these days. Brands do them, websites do them, and some amazing bloggers even do them: they're a recent development in the past few years, sprouting some wonderful boxes like those from Birchbox and Glossybox. I used to be a subscriber to Glossybox for a few years, and to be honest... I never really used much from them. I'd oooh and ahhh over the goodies inside for a few days, and then put them away - it was obviously £12 a month well spent. But the market has changed since then. Cohorted are making more luxury boxes, whilst Jane from British Beauty Blog has set the blogging world alight with her own personally curated boxes. 

Beauty Boxes are big business now, as brands know that getting a product into a well known box is a fantastic way of managing future business. Makeup/Beauty lovers and bloggers alike, are huge influencers in the market now, so getting a good box, and getting out there for people to see, is a very important way for brand growth. That lead me to a little pondering of my own. If I had a beauty box, what would I have in it? Obviously I would want to make it as amazing as I could. I'd want well known brand, as well as those that aren't as well known. A mixture of beauty, skincare and haircare... so all the bases are covered, and you know what? I think I've put together a pretty dam good one. In my imaginary Beauty Box, that I'd call something like 'Oh! Kosmetic Kraze' or something playful with the 'OKK' of my blog name in there somewhere. I think it's so much fun to imagine what everything would look like, what products would be in there... so spewing of products, how about I start talking about my choices? 


If I made my own Beauty Box 3

If I made my own Beauty Box 4

From the Luxe brand, it would be a go-to of mine and it's Too Faced's Milk Chocolate Soliel Bronzer, which is completely matte, devoid of glitter/shimmer and perfect for adding warmth to a complexion. This comes in a range of shades, so this would be suitable for all skin colours (I totally recommend it, it's such a fantastic product). The packaging is really divine, it reminds me of a little biscuit, but when you open it up, theres a subtle scent of chocolate and being a chocolate lover, this is never a terrible thing. For the Eyes, my selection would be an eyeshadow cream from Kiko Milano, as not only do they not budge after they've set and last all day long, even on oily eyelids, the creamy formula is so easy to blend, plus the pigmentation is craaaaazy good. The packaging is super sturdy, and with a wide range of colours and finishes available, this would be a brilliant addition to the collection of any makeup lover. For the Cheeks, this baked marble blush* from New CID Cosmetics is amazing, with colour payoff that is rival to really expensive brands and packaging that's really sturdy - plus a massive mirror, what's there not to love? This is perfect when swirled onto the apples of the cheeks, and one of the things that I love most about baked marble blushes is that no one is the same, as the mix of colours allows for each blush to be totally unique. 

For the Skin, one of my new favourite products is the Iconic Youth Serum* from MeruMaya, and it is literally one of the best serums I have ever tried. My skin actually misses this when I don't apply it, and it's giving all my other serums a run for their money, because this has been constantly on my face since it landed on my doorstep. It's one of those products that I'll be repurchasing again and again, as it's so gentle and moisturising on my skin, without making it greasy or overwhelmed. This is a product that everyone needs to try, as I cannot recommend this enough. It has a very hygienic pump which can dispense as much or as little product as you need, although I don't see anyone needing more than a pea sized amount, which makes it last longer as well. For the Hair, why not stick to a certified goodie? Yep, it's the Original Tangle Teezer, which is for use on dry or wet hair, smoothes tangles and frizz, and is generally just a wonderful item to throw in your handbag for on the go smoothing and taming (which my hair needs quite often). Plus, the colours are so fun and customisable, what's there not to love? 

Lastly, some of my new favourite brushes, and they're from CrownBrush, which come in an array of shades, although I think my favourites are the lilac ones in the photographs. How pretty are purple brushes?! My favourite from the range are the Pro Powder brush*, Tapered blush brush* and I've got some serious love for all the eyeshadow brushes, because they blend cream and powder shadows like a dreaaaam. I think a brush from them would convert a lot of people to their brand, away from overpriced brush brands (whom shall remain nameless in this post). Affordable and yet so luxurious, these brushes combine the best of both - a definite addition to my imaginary box. 

What do you think about dreaming up your own Beauty Box? What would you have in yours? I'd love to know! You can even do a post and tweet me a link :)

If I made my own Beauty Box 5

If I made my own Beauty Box 6
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. What a great post idea! I may have to do my own version of this!
    The Tangle Teezer is fantastic! I've had mine for about 3 years now and it just gets through any knots in my hair without ripping my hair out. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I love the sound of the serum. And that Blush is so beautiful xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally buy your beauty box! That's also a great post idea. There are a few things I already know I'd like to put in there, but I need to think about it!
    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty box I would love to buy! I've always been disappointed with them in the past but I think you've nailed it with your selections. It's for this reason I'm quite excited by the boxes curated by bloggers at the moment.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy xx

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig