Wednesday 30 March 2016

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks

Kat Von D Double Dare and Exorcism lipstick 2

Kat Von D Double Dare and Exorcism lipstick 4

Liquid Lipsticks are a thing, and I'm literally so thankful. Applying a liquid lipstick that dries to matte and lasts for five hours with minimal need to touchup is basically everything I've ever wanted in a lipstick, and Kat Von D has answered. I don't know how she does it. Everything she creates is turned into a cult product. Her Shade & Light Contour Palette is being raved about, and her Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are giving Stila and Anastasia Beverly Hills a run for their money. Sadly, all three of their liquid lipsticks only seem to be available in the US, which leaves us in the UK crying into our Bourjois Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks because most of us will never know what they're like. Unless we have a relative making a trip to America, or we make a massive Sephora purchase... or Sephora open in the UK. To be honest, all three of those options are appealing to me, but pleaaaaase open a Sephora in the UK. Pretty please? The British public need to know about how good these are. 

With an applicator that isn't too big, or too small (it's juuuuuust right) for the lips; it applies and blends like a dream, and with such intense pigmentation you need to be precise with application, because when the formula dries, it's not going anywhere for a long time. Double Dare is a soft peach pink, described as 'Cocoa Blush', which I think is a fantastic way of describing the shade. It's one that caught my eye on the Sephora website and I quickly added it to the small list of things I asked my parents to pick up for me when they went to Las Vegas, last year. My mum said the Sephora's were dream like, and a place where I could easily lose a day or so. Sounds like a perfect holiday to me. But back to the shade. It's a perfect everyday colour, a little bit more peach than my lip colour, making it a subtle shade for the day, and even for the night. Combined with cat eye liner, in black or navy blue, this lipstick is a handbag essential, one that I always reach for when I'm having an indecisive lipstick moment before I start work. 

Exorcism, described as a 'Ripe Blackberry' shade is just so beautiful that I don't want to keep it just for the Winter months. It looks gorgeous on the lips, and the swatch is so stunning - I want to wear it with lots of bronzer and mascara, but for that I need to be a bit more tanned (hurry up Summer!). Spring is a very in-between season, and that's really irritating for me, lipstick choice wise, as do I slide into the whole blush pink spectrum with the occasional red thrown in, before breaking out some corals as the weather heats up. I don't want to abandon the shades that see me through the colder months, i.e. Diva by Mac and Rimmel's Kate Moss 107 Lipstick, but I will admit that I'm finding it difficult with the throng of pastel shades out there. Sometimes I want to slick on a dark berry colour, dress all in black and go for a walk whilst listening to Lana Del Ray, but with the sun shining (occasionally) I feel like I should go for something a bit brighter. I'm at an impasse with dark lipsticks, and therefore one half of this amazing duo. Double Dare is a perfect shade, as is Exorcism, but I'm afraid to put it away in my makeup storage and simply pass over it, for the coral shades I haven't really used since last Autumn. Maybe I'll hope for a cold, cloudy day so that I can wear such a shade and not feel like I should be preparing myself for the onset of warm weather by prepping my feet for sandals. 

The formulation and length of wear is fantastic, as both shades last through meals and bottles of water without need for touching up, and I really hope that I'll have the guts to wear Exorcism as often as I do with Double Dare. Know this; I'll be posting it on Twitter when I do, so keep an eye out over there (@ohkalukalay). These Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks sell for $20 on the Sephora website. Have you tried any products from the Kat Von D range? 

Kat Von D Double Dare and Exorcism lipstick 3

Kat Von D Double Dare and Exorcism lipstick swatch
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've really wanted to get my hands on these for a while, liquid lipsticks are everything!

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | My blog giveaway - Amy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lusting after these for a long, long time but they're so hard to get your hands on in Europe!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig