Wednesday 23 March 2016

Nars Lip Pencils in Cruella and Rikugien

Nars Deep Throat Blush and Lip Pencils

Nars Deep Throat Blush and Lip Pencils  2

I don't confess to being obsessed with Nars, because I'm not, not really. I only own about a handful of products from them, and whilst they're good, really good... I always tend to forget about Nars. That is, until recently. Whilst perusing Asos, I was happily scrolling through the Beauty section, and alas, there it was: Deep Throat Blusher, and I'm not going to lie, I fell a bit in love. Some hasty searching was done. Swatches, formulas, packaging... they were all considered before the blusher happened to jump into my basket, and made its way to me within the next few days. Heavenly is a way to describe that blush... but I'm not here to talk about that. I'm here to talk about lip products. I bet you're saying 'When do you never not talk about lip products?' which is true, because I am obsessed and own far too many. But these are different. One is matte, one is satin. One blue-red, one a pink nude. However, they are equally as beautiful when swatched, and when worn. 

Cruella is the much talked about blue-red from the Nars collection, not as bright as Dragon Girl, a more wine esc, burgundy red that even has a slightly raspberry undertone in some light, looks so damn good on the lips. This Velvet Matte lip pencil is a favourite of big bloggers like Anna from Vivianna does makeup, and I agree that it is fantastic on the lips, and lasts for such a long time. But with most matte lip products, this can't be worn ontop of dry or flaky lips, because it'll draw attention to them right away. If you've got dry lips, prone to flaking, then stepping towards Rikugien is the right choice - a glossy satin that looks so gorgeous, a perfect pinky nude to apply on the go. This shade isn't something that I've heard a lot of bloggers talk about... or anyone really (have I been living under a rock?), so once I discovered it, I was determined to give it a shout out (if it was any good). Luckily, this is a wonderfully soft, Vitamin E enriched lip product, perfect for giving a thin wash of colour without being too sticky or weighing the lips down. It looks gorgeous teamed with a rose pink blush, for a really soft romantic look - which is so easy to create and looks effortlessly chic for any occasion. 

These two Lip Pencils can be purchased separately through Net a Porter, here for Cruella and here for Rikugien, at £18 and £20 respectively. They are a little expensive, but the quality of the packaging and formulas speak loudly, and at a good three hours wear before a touch up is really needed, I'm really quite impressed by these two lip pencils. I think I'll be needing more Nars in my life, anything I need? 

Nars Deep Throat Blush and Lip Pencils 3
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Cruella is SUCH a beautiful red, and I'm in love with Nars' packaging as well

    YIGE a blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crayon lip products! I will definitely need to get this soon :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig