Friday 4 March 2016

TAG| AM & PM Routine

ohkalukalay.blogspot.co.uk


The beautiful Celina from The Celution (Follow her, she is seriously amazing) tagged me to complete this post (I swear she just wants to know what I use on my face haha) and I've never really completed a tag, so I thought it'd be really fun! Plus I'm so nosy about other peoples routines, so why not welcome others into mine? 

In the AM.

1. What is your morning beauty routine?
I'm really, really, really not a morning person, so I'm not going to lie to you... I don't really wash my face in the morning. I know, I should, but I just don't. I will if I shower, or if I feel like my skin needs it, but my skin is really picky in the morning, and I find that just applying a little Pai Bio-Regenerate Rosehip Oil leaves it feeling nourished, before applying my Benefit It's Potent Eye cream, followed by my Nourish Radiance Rejuvenating Serum and then a thin later of Embryolisse's Lait Creme Concentre. 

2. What's for breakfast?
Once again, really not a morning person... so maybe some fruit and yoghurt with muesli, or just some fruit and cereal. I can't eat properly at 8:15, so I just tend to go for small portions, and then have something more substantial for lunch. 

3. Coffee or tea?
Fruit or herbal tea. My favourite right now is Lemon, Ginger and Manuka Honey from Pukka, it's warming and so refreshing for anytime of the day. 

4. How long does it take to get out the door?
Roughly about 45 minutes, but it does depend on how organised I am, and what time I need to be in work. 

5. What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss-free morning?
For a fuss free morning, I'll keep my base light with Urban Decay's Naked Foundation, before applying Amazing Cosmetics Concealer under my eyes, then drawing in my eyebrows with Anastasia Beverly Hills' Dip Brow Pomade. For a quick flush of colour I'll dab on some Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush and then some Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soliel Bronzer. To complete the look, a slick of mascara from Maybelline's Lash Sensational after curling my eyelashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler. A quick sweep of powder from Soap & Glory, and I'm done! Although I may slick on some lipstick in work once I get there. Clinique's Lip Pop Lipstick in Nude Pop has been a most recent favourite. 

ohkalukalay.blogspot.co.uk

In the PM

6. What is your evening beauty routine?
Now this is where it all starts. I firstly, double cleanse with Una Brennan's Vitamin C Cleansing Oil and then with Ren's Hot Cloth Cleanser, to remove all traces of makeup and pollution from the day. Then, after splashing my face with cold water a few times, I dry my face and move onto my lotions and potions. I tone my skin with Pixi Cosmetics Glow Tonic, before spritzing my skin with Jurlique's Rosewater Balancing Mist to prep the skin, and lock in some moisture before applying my Pai Bio-Regenerate Rosehip Oil. I pat that onto the skin, and use my The Body Shop Facial Massager, to increase blood flow in my face, and remove the build up of toxins from under the skin. Then I apply a layer of La Roche-Posay's Effaclar K to the skin, before squeezing out a small amount of Merumaya's Iconic Youth Serum, and then lastly applying my moisturiser, which is Soap & Glory's Beauty Sleep Accelerator


7. Snack time! What's in the bowl?Usually a mixture of coconut soy yogurt, fruit, cacao nibs, chia seeds and muesli.

8. How do you wind down and prep for bed?
I try and do some stretches, occasionally some yoga before I get into bed, check a few things on my laptop, and snuggle down for a cosy nights sleep. I may also have a bath, with some candles and bath oil, so my skin is nice and supple for the next day. I'll also just apply some extra body cream to my eczema ridden skin, in the areas such as behind my knees and my inner elbows. 


9. Cozy up! What are you wearing to sleep?
Old mismatched pyjamas, probably one's with dogs or cats on them, as well as fluffy bed socks, which I then end up taking off at about 3am because I'm too warm. But they, nothing wrong with being too cosy, right? 


10. What are some things you must do before hitting the hay?
I set my alarms for the next morning, or if I have a day off, then I'll set a later one, just so that I do get up at a reasonable time. I apply my Jurlique Intense Rose Handcream and then quickly make sure that I haven't got any urgent emails to reply to, before lulling myself into the land of nod. If I'm having trouble sleeping, I'll spritz my pillow and duvet with a mist from This Works, just to ease myself into a night of sleep. 

Now, for my choices, I choose:
Katie from Katiedoesbeauty
Jessie from allthingsbeautiful 

and any of you lovely folks that would like to do it! leave me a comment, and i'll add you to my list. 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oooh I like the look of this tag - I might have to do this. I love reading about how varied peoples routines are (instead of everyone having the same routine on youtube so if you've seen one video you've seen them all). I like how this has all aspects of AM/PM in, and I definitely feel you on the sock thing. I go to bed wanting to be warm with socks on but I wake up and throw them out of the bed halfway through the night.

    Sophie x | Essential Twenty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing the tag, Rebecca! Shh, you're not suppose to point out how nosy I am about the products you use!!
    That tea sounds incredible by the way. I haven't tried Pukka teas before but I'll have to check them out.
    The Pai oil is so good. I'm so happy to see that you like it as much as I do. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig