Wednesday 11 May 2016

Estée Lauder Makeup Bag

Estée Lauder Makeup bag makeup 1

Estée Lauder Makeup bag makeup 3

I have an obsession, and I do believe that you all know this. I, Rebecca, have an Estée Lauder obsession and I am not afraid to admit it! At first it was those little things... looking through my aunties makeup as a little girl, and playing around with all the deep brown lipsticks that she wore - all the while thinking that I couldn't wait to have a collection myself. Now that I do, it's safe to say that it includes a lot of EL, but only recently, within the past year or so have I branched into their makeup. Skincare was always a huge yes from me, as my mum has used Advanced Night Repair for as long as I can remember, and now I do too - gotta keep that skin looking fresh. It was one of the best decisions I made, and my skin drinks it up. But makeup... makeup is a bit tricky. 

My Duty free holiday purchases from last year were all about Estée Lauder and some Clinque as well. Bronze Goddess drew me in with it's glimmering beauty, and so the Bronzer made its way into my life, as well as their Sumptuous Waterproof mascara which goes on so dark, it makes my lashes look so fluttery and beautiful. Two purchases that I took a gamble on, paid off really well. The next purchase, non duty free, was Double Wear Light, a super light foundation that gives radiance and a wonderful glowy coverage - what's there not to like, right? It applies like a dream and I've taken to applying it with my fingers so that it gives an even more natural finish, before finishing with concealer and some powder to make the look last all day. It really is one of my favourite foundations, and a product that I will definitely repurchase. Plus the packaging is always stunning with Estée Lauder, so what is there not to love? 

Estée Lauder Makeup bag makeup 4

Estée Lauder Makeup bag makeup 5

One of my most recent hauls happen to include a lot of EL. I may have gone slightly makeup mad... but you know, what's unusual about that? The lipstick was what first drew me in. A matte red... do I need more in my life? Of course I do, what a silly question! I can never have too many matte reds in my life.. and I think my post yesterday has proven that as well (see Mac x Charlotte Olympia). It's in the shade Decisive Poppy and it's just dreamy. It's a semi-matte medium red with a cool undertone, perfect for making teeth look a bit whiter. It applies on the lips really smoothly, without dragging the skin - which is something really important to me when it comes to matte products. I have some matte products that are so drying, my lips tend to crumple up and look really dehydrated which is never a good look on anyone - unless that's the look that you're going for (please don't). Also in the haul, and one of the main things that caught my eye was the Estée Lauder Eyeshadow Palette - and being someone who didn't realise that EL did eyeshadow palettes, this was a very exciting discovery. The neutral palette is the perfect combination of matte and shimmer, neutral and metallic, making it into a palette that you can take from day to night with minimal effort and only two additional eyeshadow brushes.

Another two loves of mine from EL are base products, the first being the super luminous Illuminating Perfecting Primer, which makes my skin look so glowy, a perfect product for faking dewy, healthy skin when you're in a rush, or having a dull skin day. One other product that packs on the glow is their Double Wear Brush on Glow BB Highlighter, which has got Touche Eclat dupe written allll over it! It's a little bit cheaper and in my opinion, it's so much better! They're both glowy and beautiful, but I think there's a touch more coverage with the one from EL, plus I adore the way it brighten and highlights under my eyes, and the tops of my cheekbones. Such a gorgeous product that will definitely be a repurchase when it runs out. I also like that the bottom is a twist, as opposed to clicking it, like the YSL offering - I find that I get more control, and I know that if my makeup bag is being thrown about in my handbag, I'm not going to get an excessive waste of product. Onto another base product, and it's perhaps one of my favourite Estée Lauder products ever; Bronze Goddess Bronzer. A purchase from Turkish Duty free last year, and my god, how did I ever do without it? This bronzer is warm, illuminating with its ever so subtle shimmer and the packaging reminds me of tortoiseshell sunglasses that my mum had in the 90's. Just plain stunning!

One of the last products, is Estée lauder's Pure Colour Lip Laquer in Potent Petal*, a beautiful light rose pink shade that isn't as glossy or goopy as I expected. If you read this blog, then you'll know that I'm not a massive fan of gloss, but this one seems to be a rather pleasant exception. Not overtly sticky, and when I do apply it, I always pat it down afterwards, to take off the excess shine and glossiness. I don't mind a little bit, but a lot is just too overpowering for me. So I tend to treat is as more of a stain than an actual gloss, and it really works for me.

What are your favourite products from Estée Lauder? It seems that I only need some powder and a blush, and I'll have a complete look! Which ones are your favourites? 


Estée Lauder Makeup bag makeup 6

Estée Lauder Makeup bag makeup 7

Are you following Ohkalukalay on Bloglovin?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I've actually never tried anything with EL, it sounds like I need to catch up!

    Stephanie xxx
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/hope-freedom-love-3436251

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig