Wednesday 25 May 2016

My wishful thinking 'Holiday Handbag'

Holiday Handbag 1

This is my *sigh* I wish I was going on Holiday handbag, the one that I'd carry with me to have dinner, to have cocktails and to generally lounge the night away with. I'm not off on holiday for a long while, but I like to imagine myself on a beach somewhere, or just by a body of water, content and slathered in the right SPF with a little cocktail and lunch right around the corner. I mean that both in proximity and in time, because lunch is definitely one of the best meals of the day and whether I'm on a beach, or in work, the idea of lunch always makes me happy. 

Doesn't this clutch just say holiday? This marble effect clutch is from Primark and it needs to be taken abroad, see different sights and be set on the table next to some really wonderful food. It needs it! Okay, I might need it too... but until then, I'll give you a quick stroll through some holiday handbag essentials. Nuxe's Reve de Miel Lipbalm is an everyday must-have for me, so you can bet that I'll be carting it around Europe with me, regardless of the time of year. Chapped lips are a massive annoyance to me, so I try and keep one of these sticks with me at all times, or even the little Reve de Miel pot, which is like a little pot of liquid, honey scented gold. It saves my lips and flaky skin from being too dry for anything else to touch. Trust me, this is a must have for any handbag. Then we have one of my favourite bronzers of all time, the Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess bronzer which as well as coming in some beautiful tortoiseshell esc packaging, with a huuuuge mirror, the bronzer is equipped with it's own brush and doesn't appear too orange on the skin at all. There are so many positives about this product, I can't help but sigh dreamily at it whenever I see it.

A fragrance can sum up an entire journey, as that scent will always remind you of lazy days under the sun, or going on an adventure to somewhere new, which is why my fragrance of choice is Jo Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin, a fresh, earthy scent that hit you with zesty fruit before balancing everything with a gentle lull of herbs. Ugh, it's one of my favourite scents of all time. Obsessed. And what better to accompany a sweet scent than fresh smelling breath? My Starbucks Spearmint Mints are ideally designed for after coffee, but I pop one whenever I feel like my breath needs a bit of freshness - perfect if you overindulge in garlic or anyone strong scented foods. The accessories can make or break an outfit, so by teaming marble with tortoiseshell (again) in the form of my sunglasses from Next, my woven 'I'm busy' floppy sunhat from Asos and a chunky pearl bracelet from Accessorize, these additions can make any outfit sing, whether it's a simple sundress or a printed kaftan - the options are endless.

What will you be including in your holiday handbag? These are what I've imagined to be in mine once I make my way to an Island at the end of September. I have high hopes for Greece, Italy or Spain, but we shall have to wait and see.



Holiday Handbag 3

Are you following Ohkalukalay on Bloglovin and Twitter?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig