Monday 9 May 2016

Weekly favourites, three lists of three and a personal update.

DSC_0457

I kinda missed April favourites, so I decided to just pop in a s'tart of a new week' favourites post, because I'm really nosy when people post these... so why not? The start of may has been and gone, and I genuinely can't believe it. It'll be my birthday before I turn around, and then I'll be 25. 25. That's a quarter of a century. Makes a girl think (If anyone can name the movie that quote came from, i'll adore you forever). I don't know how I feel about being 25. I never really had a five year plan, or even a three year plan. I made short term goals for myself, such as go to University, get a degree, get a job... get a better job - and whilst those are all lovely, I don't think they really speak to who I am, because I'm still figuring out who I am. I'm so envious of those that grow up with a sense of purpose and identity. They know what they want, and they do it. I guess I just feel slightly displaced sometimes, but perhaps that's the age that we're in. I read an article once about how those growing up in the early 90's feel a sense of nostalgia for those times, as it was the time before major technological breakthrough in terms of wi-fi, iPhones, app stores and tablets. It seems that these days, everyone and their toddler has access to some form of technology. This is coming from someone who had her first Iphone at age 20 but still keeps her gameboy safe in a drawer with the original Pokemon game inside of it. It's like we're children of two ages, and still somewhat long for the simplicity of life before everything changed. I don't think I'll miss dial-up internet at all, no matter how nostalgic i'm feeling.

I suppose I'm just feeling on edge: I'm waiting for the next chapter of my life to start (in more ways than one) with news that I can't share yet, but it's an exciting move for me. I'm happy, but also sad. It's quite melancholic in a way, as I don't know quite how to feel. Sad about growing older, yes, but happy because things are happening now, things that I've wanted for so long. Happy that my parents are going to be travelling around Europe for months this Summer, but also sadness at the sense of displacement that will bring. I suppose I'm old enough to stand on my own two feet, and I'd like to rise to the challenge but I'm also afraid of what will happen. Nothing is certain.

Weekly Favourites:
By no great surprise, one of my favourites is the Jurlique Rosewater Intense Balancing Mist. Boy do I loooove this stuff. It's refreshing, good for the skin due to its natural ingredients and so darn beautiful to look at. Next up is Clinique's Lip Pop + Primer in Melon Pop, which is such a cute pink coral, perfect to slick/pat on for your desired colour payoff. It lasts for hours and hours whilst looking like the perfect shade for this warm weather. An accessory addition here, and it's these wonderful lace up flats from New Look, which are so ridiculously comfortable - and were even in the sale, so how's that for a cheeky purchase?
      I'm also finding myself paying a lot of attention to this postcard from Paperchase. The world is your oyster. The colour is fantastic, so is the font... but on my noticeboard, it's the words that grab me. I'm really hoping that the world will indeed, be my oyster. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Three songs that I can't stop dancing to:
Cheap Thrills by Sia. It's just so damn catchy and I just want to shake my hips every time. Sorry by Justin Bieber. Once again, another catchy song. I've been obsessed with this song for a while, but it still makes me want to bust out some really odd moves. Why Beebs, why? Clean by Taylor Swift. her album is an obsession of mine, and this song resonates very deeply with me. It's like in Brooklyn 99, 'She (Taylor) makes me feel things.' 'SHE MAKES ALL OF US FEEL THINGS'. If you haven't seen this glorious show, go watch it right now on netflix

Three things I can't stop eating:
Nutella. Always Nutella. Why is it so damn good?! Cinnamon Bagels. I don't know what it is about them, they have that warmth of spice in them, making them the ideal vessel for nutella. Yum. 

Three events that I'm looking forward to:
Beyonce in concert, in Cardiff at the end of June. Yay. I therefore need to replay all of the Beyonce, just to reacquaint myself. My Birthday. July the 10th. Well, I'm kinda looking forward to it. I don't really like birthdays or having things centred around me, but there will be cake. So that's exciting. A Scottish Wedding in August. My first trip to Scotland, and I'm going with my boyfriend, and this friends. Hopefully I'll get to do some sightseeing as I feel like I need to see a Loch in person. 


Are you following Ohkalukalay on Bloglovin and Instagram? 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You are so right, that Jurlique Rosewater looks incredible! I have been seeing that Clinique Lip Pop & Primer all over the blogs I read, so I guess I am going to have to try it out, haha. And yes....always nutella. always.

    Ashlee Liz
    www.ashleeliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you need to go sightseeing in Scotland! I only visited once, we stayed in a log cabin by a loch, but it was amazing! Enjoy it. I know what you mean about feeling melancholic about turning 25. I turned 25 last September (turning 26 soon, eep!) and I felt the same. There's definitely a sense of nostalgia too. I look at the youth of today (hah, how old do I sound?!) with their iphones and tablets. I didn't have a smart phone till I was 16/17. I grew up without technology, it was a simpler time, but kinda nice too. So I definitely get what you're saying. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig