Wednesday 4 May 2016

Tom Ford Lipstick in Casablanca with swatches.

Tom Ford Casablanca Lipstick  4

Tom Ford Casablanca Lipstick  6

I know what you're thinking. Tom Ford. TOM FORD. It's about time I had some of this goodness in my life, and when I was last in London with my boyfriend, I thought, why the hell not? So in Selfridges I decided to treat myself to a little bit from the man himself. It's the first time I'd even seen a Tom Ford counter, as well as Charlotte Tilbury, so it was very, very exciting... almost overwhelming really; it was quite fortunate that I actually come out with something, as I very nearly crumbled and bought nothing. Too much choice. Too many beautiful products to choose from, so in the end, after getting a handful of swatches, I decided that a lipstick was the best product for me. I'm a lipstick addict, as I think you all must know. If there are lipsticks to be had... I'm there like a shot! I must own dozens and dozens by now (I'm being modest, it's probably like 100 by now) and I still always love the idea of buying more. Some people buy shoes, some buy utensils, I buy lipsticks (that's not to say that I don't exactly do the first two either...). So I had narrowed down my choices to either Casablanca or Indian Rose, and whilst they were both stunning and should have come home with me... I just decided upon one.

'I feel like this is the start of a beautiful friendship' and that's how I felt when I held Casablana in my hand. As Casablanca is one of my all time favourite movies, I felt like it was fate; I needed to have this lipstick in my life. 'Here's looking at you, kid' - well, here's looking at you, Tom Ford, for making such a ravishing shade. So I was (Humphrey) Bogarting around, delighted with my choice until I got to the counter and realised how much it was. I'm not going to lie, my heart pretty much stopped. £38. But I thought, as a treat, yes, this is something I need in my life. After that I thought that I needed to protect that little yellow bag with my life, because I was terrified that I'd lose it or leave it somewhere within the vast city. So as time goes by the bag becomes a permeant attachment to my person until I get back to the hotel, in which I promptly hide the bag in my suitcase, wrapped up in a few items of clothing - to protect it. That evening I went to see a show - Motown the Musical - and after having jazz hands all the way back to the hotel bar, and downing a few cocktails, all I could think about was how beautiful my purchase was. Beauty obsessive, right?

Tom Ford Casablanca Lipstick 8

Tom Ford Casablanca Lipstick swatch

Casablanca is described as (the gateway to America) a reddened plum shade with a soft cream finish, and I couldn't agree more with it. It applies and sits very lightly on the lips, despite being so opaque with just one application. I'm going to be a stereotypical blogger and say that I was quite upset at the idea of ruining the embossed TF on the lipstick... as it's just so damn beautiful, so I simply used the other side of it... I still cannot bring myself to mar the perfection of it. It's one of those products that just needs to sit on my vanity, looking beautiful and inspiring admiring exhales - but it's also too beautiful to not use; which is a huge, huge dilemma. The packaging feels heavy and high end, with a simple black casing with gold edging - how classic? Very befitting of the name Casablanca. It even has rare and exotic ingredients to make it even more luxurious, such as soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil to create an 'ultimate creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application'. Tom Ford's Lip Colour is a luxury, and not one that I'm going to use every day... but it's not going to be a special occasion lipstick either - I think it's going to be one of those 'I fancy a bit of Tom Ford today' lipsticks. With buttery soft application and four to five hour wear time, with no clinging to dry patches, this lipstick is a conversation piece, especially when I dig it out to do some touching up. It catches the eye with it's simple yet extravagant packaging; a mix of minimal and luxury, this packaging tempts you in with the promise of great beauty. It delivers. It really does. 

It's a wonderful luxury lipstick, and I think it's very important to treat yourself every once in a while, but I don't think I'll be buying another for a while. I think my heart still needs to recover after spending £38 on it. It is damn beautiful though and I think it'll always have a place in my heart. I'm strange that way when it comes to products that mean something. For me, this lipstick means a foray into very High End products, my first trip to Selfridges, my first trip to London with my boyfriend and the year that I turn 25. Like the movie says, 'I suspect that under that cynical shell, you're at heart a sentimentalist' and I really do think I am. 

Ahhhh Tom Ford, 'I wish I didn't love you so much'.


Make sure you're following Ohkalukalay on Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram.

Tom Ford Casablanca Lipstick 9

Tom Ford Casablanca Lipstick
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig