Saturday 14 May 2016

Latest in Beauty BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Beauty Box

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 12

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 1

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 2

Happy Friday, my lovelies! And what says Friday better than a Beauty Box that simply put, has it all! I'll tell you what; there's nothing better. When this turned up on my doorstep, luckily I was already photographing other products, so I just jumped right into splaying petals all over the place and cooing over the amazing products. Of course, I already knew what was in there, but with names like L'Occitane, Melvita and Erborian, I knew that it would be love at first sight/try. And you know what? I was right. There's something so wonderfully enchanting about new skincare. It brightens my mood so much, especially as my skin has been in such a mood lately. It's been sullen, boring and just lacking in lustre, so when this arrived, I knew that my skin would get a good overhaul. 

I'm not going to lie, I think I was perhaps the most excited about the sample of L'Occitane's Divine Cream (8ml), as it's meant to be, well, diiiivine. But you know what? This sunshine, jewel of a pot holds something that I like to call 'glowy goodness'. I applied it last night, woke up this morning and it was like 'Helloooooo good skin, so this is what you wanted!'. My skin was so so happy. Yes, I still have a few dry patches, but those have been plaguing me all week, so it's not something I expected to be cleared up in the matter of a night, that really would have been divine intervention! It's texture is silky, smooth and glides onto the skin before being slurped up - I think it's something to do with the ingredients: organic immortelle and myrtle essential oils, which team up to increase circulation (hence the glowiness) and boost skin vitality. There's just something so beautiful about this moisturiser. I think I'll need a post all on it's own, but I definitely see me getting this fuller sized version of this - yes, it's that good, that fast.

Following on the L'Occitane journey, we have their wonderfully Summery Cherry Blossom hand cream (30ml), which smells so much like Summer and warm days, that I slept cuddling my hands under my chin so that I could smell the amazing scent. There's something so luxurious about a thick, moisturising hand cream, and this one from L'Occitane is right on the money! With Vitamin E and Shea butter (two of my favourite things to have in a hand cream) this Cherry Blossom cream is sweet, floral and just beautiful to use on the go, or when you have a moment to slather this on at home. I can see this being the perfect travel addition, as it's the perfect size for keeping hands supple when i'm out and about, and especially for holidays. The third glorious product from L'Occitane is the cult Almond Shower Oil (75ml), a favourite of numerous bloggers and another product that I hadn't tried before. I used to use, and adore the Verbena Shower Gel, and it was divine. I would leave the shower, scented like a lemon grove, and it was everything I never knew I wanted (*dreamy sigh*). I do very much like the idea of an oil to foam consistency, as not only does it nourish, but it also cleanses and leaves skin feeling very smooth. After one use, I'm impressed, but I always like to give shower products a good week or so of testing before giving a final judgement. If the scent is anything to go by, the sweet almond oil will be replacing all other shower cleansers this Summer. 

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 4

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 5

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 6

Next up, is Melvita. Whilst still being under the umbrella of L'Occitane, Melvita has created it's own identity, especially with one of their cult products, the L'Or Bio (17ml), which is an oil made of five rare and essential oils, argan, kendi, inca inchi, buriti and pracaxi. Not confined solely to skin or hair, this multi-tasking oil aids moisture, shine and a whole load of nourishment to wherever you apply; so much so, this has now been stolen by my mum, who doesn't plan to give it back anytime soon. Another person sucked in by the awe of this oil, leading me to think that this product really is cult!

One of the other Melvita products is their Rose Floral Water (28ml), and one that I was very excited about. I loooove a floral water. I love everything about them. They're refreshing, nourishing and the best pick-me-up for tired skin, without having a shot of coffee to perk you up. I did expect a spritz, which would give off more of a mist, but this spray just sprayed my face, which wasn't horrid at all, I think I've just been spoilt with my Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist and my Caudalie Beauty Elixr, both of which give off more of a mist. My skin looked really glowy and hydrated after using it, which I love, as my makeup does tend to look a bit dull through the day, so I love that this just perked it back up! As with some of my favourite skincare, this product contains essence of rose, mainly Iranian Rose Damask, which I always feel nourishes and looks after my skin. Plus the scent is always divine if you're a fan of roses. 

As my first Melvita products, I'm really impressed with them and would definitely look into owning more of their products, as I do have a soft spot for good, natural skincare, and I'm trying to involve more of it into my everyday skincare routine. 

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 7

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 8

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 9

Erborian is a brand that I've heard an awful lot about, but have never really seen in person. I think I once walked past a section in Boots with it, but I can't be certain - it may have been a figment of my imagination, but I really hope that it was there. Much like L'Occitane, Erborian has it's own cult following, and for a brand to have that many cult products under it's umbrella is really, really impressive. I love the idea of CC Creams (15ml), which aim to colour correct the skin, leaving you with a flawless look, whilst combining it with an SPF of 25, so there's some added sun protection thrown in there as well. I always add a little concealer, regardless of what I'm wearing, but since wearing this today, it gives a super light, smooth finish that balances out some redness that I have on my cheeks and nose, whilst contrasting the sallowness I get in some places, as well as the darkness under my eyes. I think this product will need a bit more testing, but I will say that I'm impressed with it so far. 

Lastly it's their Camellia Essence Serum (3ml), which sounds super exciting, as I always love a good serum, especially one that's been reviewed so highly by other bloggers. It claims to boost radiance, whilst repairing and protecting the skin, three claims that I love from my skincare - as I think I need all the radiance that I can get. It comes in a little sample, but don't be fooled, a little goes a long way. I was quite impressed with the application and how easily it sunk into the skin, but like all skincare, it needs some time to do its work right. I'll keep you lovelies posted on this thoroughly French skincare affair.

I'm so so so so so happy with this box from Latest in Beauty and Jane from BritBeautyBlogger, they have really created a lust worthy box here, and I cannot say this enough, but go and buy it. You will not regret this foray into L'Occitane, you just won't. It's £20, and can be found here on Latest in Beauty

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 10

BritBeautyBlogger Precious Petals Box 3
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Your photography in this post is so ON POINT! I gave this box a miss as I have SO much stuff from L'Occitane which I never use!

    Stephanie xxxx
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/hope-freedom-love-3436251

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig