Tuesday 3 May 2016

Sally Hansen Nail Polish Collection

Sally Hansen Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Nail Polish

Sally Hansen do some of my favourite nail polishes, in some of my favourite colours in one of my favourite formulations. The pigmentation is incredible, even after one application, the formula lasts days and days without chipping (which is a big deal on me) and the range of colours is amazing. Dark to light, subtle to bright, there isn't a colour Sally Hansen hasn't done, and yet the company is still bringing out new shades and making me want to have an entire wardrobe dedicated to nail polish. The bottles, in my opinion, are some of the best in the business, as they look very professional, with an applicator that's easy to handle, a brush that can cover the nail in two to three swipes and easily labelled lids that can help you locate your chosen shade in a matter of moments. What's not to love about these? A long with Maybelline's SuperStay Nail Polish, these are some of my favourite nail polishes ever, and with names as cute as the ones from Essie, I cannot recommend these enough to anyone looking to dive into more nail polish. But you want to know what the colours are so you can run off and buy them right? Well, don't let me delay you. 

On the top row, from left we have: Over the Rainblue, Highgray to Heaven and Short Cir-Cute, three shades that couldn't be more different. A beautiful navy glittering polish, with green sparkles that makes it look like a mermaids tail - a must have, right? Highgray to Heaven is one of my go-to grey shades, a true light grey that is a perfect minimalist nail colour, perfect to wear understated with any outfit. Lastly for this line, it's Short Cir-cute, a really bright pastel orange, perfect for wear with a tan, or on the beach (you can bet that this is going to accompany any trips to the beach this summer) and with it's gel formula, this one lasts even longer. On the toes, it lasts for weeks and weeks with minimal chipping. A brilliant buy for welcoming Summer into your life. 

On the second row we have four lust-worthy shades of pinks and reds. From left we have: Slice of Sunset, Frutti Petutie, Kook a Mango and So much Fawn. The first colour is another kinda pastel bright, one that's not too in your face, but compliments pale and dark skin alike, without being too overwhelming. Frutti Petutie on the other hand is a super bright almost fuchsia pink that says Summertime almost as soon as you look at it. It's a beautiful shade for warmer months. Kook a Mango is possibly one of my favourite colours of all time, and if you have it, you'll understand why. A bright, glossy red that stays on the nails for a whole week with minimal chipping is always a winner by me, and I cannot wait to have this on my nails again. So much Fawn is a softer, duskier pink, pretty perfect for a soft rose-esc look, and ideal for a clean, sleek look without looking like too much effort, or too girly. It keeps a fine line between too much and too little. 

Lastly, we have a line of some of my favourite shades; Moheato, Jaded, Teesta Turqoise and Grey Matters. Moheato is the shade that you'd put on your nails for a night of cocktails on the beach, tossing back mojito after mojito, savouring the mix of mint and rum. This shade reminds me of holidays and the warm sea lapping at my feet. Jaded is a stunning blue-green, almost lagoon like in colour, that once again has me reaching for holiday brochures because I need water that colour in my life again. It's beautiful and I want to book a holiday just so I can wear this; definitely a stunning shade, and possibly another of my favourites. Teesta Turqoise is a shade that I bought when I was looking for Essie's Turquoise and caicos, before I realised that Jaded was rather the perfect dupe for it, so instead I wanted something that was brighter, a more Mediterranean sea under blazing sun, and this is what I found. It's such a tropical shade and actually very similar to Essie's In the Cab-ana. Last, but not least, we have Grey Matters, one of my newest purchases from Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel line, which is a murky grey blue that pretty much reminds me of clay masques, and I think is beautiful on the nails, regardless of the time of year. It's from her 'Street Pastel' shade range, and I think that it's been described very well - a grungy green/grey/blue. 

What are your favourite Sally Hansen shades? Any that I need in my life? 


Are you following Ohkalukalay on Bloglovin and Twitter?

Sally Hansen Nail Polish
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig