Thursday 22 January 2015

Blog Sale Purchases featuring Lipstick Queen and Makeup Forever

Blog Sale purchases 2 Blog Sale purchases 1

Say hello to two of my newest makeup additions, and they're (cheekily) from a blog sale, so there's no huuuge payout. Plus, they're totally gorgeous. Win, win for me. I bought them from Suzy at Suzyheartsbeauty and her blog sale, which is still going on here. I do love a good blog sale, and I knew as soon as I saw the blush/lipstick, I had to have them. I've never tried anything for either brand, so I like to think that this was a good little dip into their products without paying out the full price, for something I may or may not like.  From Lipstick Queen, it's a lipstick from their Liptropolis Range (£40, for a set of three here) called Soho and it's a gorgeous, gorgeous pink-red. I am a huuuge fan of red lipstick, whether it leans more pink, blue or orange, I just love a good lipstick. The formula with this one was something that I was very surprised with as it has 'avocado oil, jojoba seed oil and shea butter' to soften the lips and protect the skin - which I think, when combined with a huge punch of colour, is a pretty amazing lipstick. When worn, it applied like a sleek dream; didn't drag on the lips, and gave two/three hours before a slight touch-up was needed, but I'd been drinking and chatting, so it was of course going to be time to check the lipstick when I went the the toilets to primp and make sure everything was still looking good. 

The blush, was something I was veeeery excited about. Makeup Forever. It may be coming to Debenhams soon, but I wanted to beat them to the punch, and get myself something I know I'd love. A good ol' cream blush. From Stila to Bourjois, cream blushes are my go to and this just seemed like a natural progression. The colour is divine. Makeup Forever HD Blush in 215 Flamingo Pink (£?, here) is just the pop of colour I need to keep me going until Spring comes. It's bright and peppy, a coral pink that packs such a punch, you've gotta use it softly on the cheeks and build it up, otherwise it can look a bit silly. The HD idea is brilliant, and it makes me want to invest in the HD foundation when Debenhams starts to stock it (I cannot wait) as well as other products, as the quality and pigmentation is amazing. I'm so excited about these two products, and if they continue to impress as much as they are now, they'll be getting their own reviews - so watch this space. Do you have any MUFE or Lipstick Queen products that I need to know about? Anyone else ridiculously excited about MUFE coming to the UK? 

Blog Sale purchases 3 Blog Sale purchases 4 Blog Sale purchases 5
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The pigmentation of that blush is amazing!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look nice, really want to try lipstick queen!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig