Saturday 24 January 2015

Posterista - posters from you Social Media accounts

Posterista 3

Good day my lovelies, this is more of a lifestyle post today, or maybe it can be considered beauty because it's got some serious product pictures/selfies within it? Hmm. Anyway, let's talk about this fab poster. I've always looooved the idea of gathering images from my social media, like my Instagram, and making them into one massive poster - so even if you don't always scroll down your feed to re-look at the memories you've taken pictures of, this poster is the ideal way of keeping those pictures you love the most, out and about for everyone to see. Posterista offered me free 30x40cm poster*, and I was basically overjoyed! Not only did I have a good fiddle on the website, choosing which pictures I want from my Instagram, and where they should go - but re-looking at all the pictures I've taken over the years (1110 images) - it does give me a wonderful sense of perspective; where I've been, and where I'm going. I must have spent a good hour or so, just flicking through the pictures, deciding which ones I wanted and what kind of theme the poster should have. I basically went with pictures that made me happy. Travel, pugs, sausage dogs, food, makeup, fashion, skincare, my boyfriend and my face - this poster has it all, and I really do love it. It's resting on my Ikea bed frame, next to my noticeboard, and it just looks right. All my life, I've always been one to have lots of images in my room, postcards stuck to walls and furniture, posters and pages ripped out of magazines - all to make the room 'mine' and not looking like it belonged to anyone else, i.e my brother. 

The same kinda thing applied when I went to University - the walls were covered (but in that orderly, lined kinda way) and I loved it. It looked like mine, whenever I moved. So, if you fancy a little bit of you, in poster form (because that's basically what my Instagram is) then I think Posterista is for you; the lovely people from Posterista even gave me a code for my followers, which is 'Ohkalukalay20' for 20% off your unframed poster. I just purchased a frame from Ikea and put it in - simple as that. You can use pictures from Instagram, Facebook and 500px - but to be honest, I'm all about Instagram, because everything is perfectly filtered already. Have you ever thought about collating your favourite images into a poster?

Posterista 2
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is a great idea! I really want to get some more pictures printed, so many online but not enough in my house! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig