Thursday 15 January 2015

Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum

Estee Lauder ANS 1

Estee Lauder ANS 2


This serum is perhaps one of the skincare products that I have owned for the longest, but not written anything about it, aside from that post where I went through my skincare routine (here). I have now realised the error of my ways, as it's a brilliant product, that people of all ages can use - my mum and I actually use some of the same skincare, despite her having mature and dry skin, whilst i'm young and have oily/combination. Some products are just the kinda ones that cover all the bases in terms of skincare. So let's talk about this Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum (£49, here); it's a kind of serum, that for young skin, is only appropriate for usage about three/four times a week, or maybe that's just me and my oily/combination skin? I do find it can be quite heavy on the skin if used every evening, but using it every other day really works for me, as it gives that extra kick of hydration and care that I think skin needs, regardless of the time of year. I also use it in the morning, if I've woken up, and feel like my skin isn't looking its best - there are only so many problems that makeup can fix, so I think applying the serum before my moisturiser in the morning, before makeup and the long day ahead really works at not only hydrating the skin, but giving that extra bit of care and glow. 

It claims to give skin the 'smoother, more refined look' which I think is brilliant for women/people of all ages and ethnicities, as it does fight wrinkles and fine lines for those who have them/want to prevent the development for as long as possible. My mother is approaching 60, but her skin is much the same as she had when I was younger, as she is always one to look after her skin, with oils and serums, so I think my love of skincare, as well as the want to look after my skin, comes from watching her, and her mother before her, take care of their skin, and look far younger than their actual age. People always say I look younger than I actually am, so hopefully, it'll stay that way for a long time ;) but back to this amazing product. It applies like a dream, sinking into the skin with no hassle or fuss, just gliding across the skin, and enveloping it in a mask of moisture (I apply the serum after using my facial oil). It's packaging is one of those 'ooooh that looks expensive' and I love that look. It has a plastic bottle, which I think is so handy, because glass would break as I'm very clumsy with my products: but I actually thought that it was glass, in the images that I saw before I bought it. It is expensive, but I always thought that it looked more expensive than it was. It has a handy little pipet to dispense the product, so you can use as much or as little as you want. I looooove products that have pipets, as it makes me feel like a scientist (silly, I know, but I love that) when I apply my face products at night. 

This Advanced Night Serum leaves my skin feeling silky and soft the next morning, and maybe it's because I have quite fully cheeks anyway, but my skin always feels plumper after using it, regardless of whether I have any blemishes or anything - everything just looks brighter, more radiant, which I am always a fan of, but who wouldn't be? I bought this product with my Boots points, but would repurchase it with my hard earned money, because it's such a staple of my nightly routine, that I can't imagine not turning to it, when my skin isn't having the best day. Along with my facial oils, this serum is a complete must have for me - knowing that I can apply it in the morning or the night, makes me feel ...comfortable, and at ease, knowing that patches of dry, dull skin, won't be a huge issue, or even a slight problem. I can apply it, go to work, and not have to worry, or check the dry patches in the mirror during my break. It just gives me a peace of mind, and that works well for me. Skincare should be easy, and although I have about 10 steps in my nightly routine, applying this product before moisturiser is one of the easiest steps. The most simple, and perhaps one of the most affective. What do you think of Esteé Lauder's Avanced Night Repair serum? Is it something that interests you/is a part of your routine? 


Estee Lauder ANS 3

Estee Lauder ANS 4
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I think I may put this on my shopping list once I am done with my Kiehls Midnight Recovery. Lovely photographs x
    mariannoell217.blogspot.co.uk
    x Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! You photos are beautiful and you have a great blog!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig