Wednesday 21 January 2015

Lush H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Mask

Lush HM1

It's only within the past year or so that I've rediscovered Lush, and I'm so thankful that I have! Ethical, natural and damn awesome? I'm sold! H'Suan Wen Hua is hair moisturiser designed to 'nourish, strengthen and restore' your hair - basically, bringing it back to life and making it look revived, which I think we all need now and again (especially with the cold weather/hairdryers etc). The list of natural ingredients read like a whose who of moisturising products, including avocado, free range eggs, banana, olive oil, rosemary and cinnamon - which not only help it to smell amazing in my opinion (some people don't care for the scent, which has a good bit of spice to it) but to infuse your locks with the care it so desperately needs. For me, it smells like olive oil, cinnamon and rosemary - some of my favourite scents, but I have read some reviews on the Lush website concerning this product, and it is certainly not for everyone.

So far, I've used this three times on my hair, and even though I have greasy hair, my scalp does get quite dry - so I massage this into my hair once every two weeks or so, just to give it that care and attention it so needs at this time of year. It feels quite thin on your fingers, but packs quite a punch when applied to the hair; you can only get three/four/five uses out of a pot, maybe less if you've got a lot of hair, but at £9.75 a pot (here), I think, for what it does to your hair (when used once every two weeks) is well worth it. I use H'Suan Wen Hua when I feel like my hair and scalp need a bit of loving care and apply it to dry hair, massaging a handful in at a time, so it covers the entirety of my hair - focusing on the scalp and ends (if you have a dry scalp and ends like me). I then leave it, anywhere from 20-40 minutes, depending on what kind of moisture hit I'd like - plus, it tingles on the scalp, which I love. It does have a strong scent, so maybe some won't be able to stick it for more than 20 minutes at a time, but I can quite happily sit, hair mask on, with my laptop and read blogposts until it's time to rinse it out, then apply shampoo/conditioner as normal (I'm using Lush's Rehab/I Love Juicy as shampoo, and Veganese as a conditioner). So, it's a bit of an all around Lush love fest, hair wise - plus I have some rather lovely looking Lush bath products coming up soon on here.

I love this mask as I think it just gives me hair a nice bouncy, shiny appearance and since I wash my hair every other day, this product doesn't make my hair anymore greasy, in case you fellow greasy-hair-sufferers were wondering. Have you tried H'Suan Wen Hua or any other Lush haircare products? Any that you would recommend? 

Lush HM2 Lush HM3
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sounds like this has been a great addition to your hair care routine. I like my hair to be bouncy & glossy so this could work well for me
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The effect of this sounds so nice! I think its time for me to go down to LUSH and check this out!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig